Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo charged 567

Default Turbo charged 567

hello all. Recently there have been alot of requests for a 710 sound package. Now I have a different request. A turbocharged 567. I could really use one for my GP30s and GP35s (would also work for other turbo 567s). a 645 sounds a little bit like the 567, but it's not quite right. the 567 seems to have more wine to it. Below is a video from you-tube with an ex Southern GP30 idiling. It was the best, and only recording I could find. thanks for any help

EDIT: I''m looking for free-ware by chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGQ9SKpwj84

Default RE: Turbo charged 567

Hey now Carolina Southern! I hope to get down there sometime in 2007. the GP30 is beat to hell to say the least. The turbo is on the blink last I heard.

Cheers,

Jason Underwood
    Newport News, Virginia
    CSX Peninsula Sub MP.16
    [email protected]
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/jay611/BCRSig.jpg

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

I think there is one in the file library.

>I think there is one in the file library.

I actually already have that one, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you anyways. Does anybody have a clip of the sound from Streamlines AT&SF GP30, or GP35? I'd like to personally hear those before purchasing a set. I'm comparing sounds I find to the video in my original post, and I haven't really found any thing. thanks again.

The SLI 567 sounds are nonturbo, unfortunately, as both units that use them are turbocharged. I did a set of replacement SMS files for the SLI ATSF packs a while back, including a complete replacement for the 567, and have since added a turbo variant which hasn't been released. Maybe I can put it up here when time permits.

I run GP38's/40's, a GP35, and a GP30 often. You are right there is a pronounced difference in sounds of a 567 w/turbo and a 645 w/turbo. The 567 itself seems to have more resonance than a 645 for some reason. The turbo's do sound louder in a 567, too.

However, the turbo in the vid clip seems a bit over-emphasized, perhaps due to the camera or low video/audio quality found at YouTube. If possible, suggest you get next to a 567 w/turbo and listen to it in person. That will give you a good gauge to go by.

Andre Ming

The problem is finding a turbocharged 567. Nearly anything that would actually have a 567 in it that you can think of - that can be found commonly (generally speaking, on major lines), is:

-Non turbocharged
    -Or has a 645 in it due to re-engining

I was rather disappointed to find that recording BNSF GP30s was rather pointless as they're just 645 powered anyway.

Either way here is a sound clip of the turbo 567 sounds I did for the SLI ATSF package, care to give them a listen and perhaps some feedback? I left the turbo as a separate sound file to allow for editing as required:

http://www.eastern-va.com/review/eri...C/TURBO567.mp3

wow, that sounds good. when will we be able to get it?

>If possible, suggest you get next to a 567 w/turbo and listen to it
    in person. That will give you a good gauge to go by.<

Oh trust me, I've heard alot of turboed 567s. Where I live, I get alot of different stuff up here on Bow Coal Trains. Besides the normal Norfolk Southern C40-9Ws, Union Pacific C44-9Ws, and SD70Ms, and the ocassional ex Conrail C40-8Ws, I get alot of the home roads Locomotives, Guilford Rail systems (now called Pan Am Railways). I get alot of GP35s up here, along with their ex Canadian National GP40-2Ws, and high nosed GP40s. But yes every time a GP35, or an SD26 wanders up here, I get a long hard listen to it (and of course lots of pictures). But recently I haven't heard or seen any of the GP35s, so I don't have good memory of what one sounds like.

SD26s have 645s.

I have no clue when anyone will be able to get the turbo 567, as I'm not done testing it yet and I'm not sure it's even entirely accurate.

SD26s have 645s???? They're rebuilt SD24s, which were built before the 645 was thought of, unless when Santa Fe rebuilt them, they took out the 567, and out in a 645.