Thread: Replacing OEM Crossings with Bruce Bridges Models

Default Replacing OEM Crossings with Bruce Bridges Models

All I know how to do when upgrading routes is to rename a new model with the same name as the one being replaced. This works fine for trees, cars, etc. However, I am trying to substitute Bruce Bridges wonderful crossing flasher and gate Models (static) for the OEM ones. It works fine, Bruce's models are in the right place and at the right heigth, but they are turned 90 degrees to the OEM ones. When viewed in Shape Viewer the OEM models are parallel to the track direction while Bruce's (and any other one I've found) are perpendicular to the track.

I hope there is some paramater in the shape file (opened using Shape File Manager) that I can easily change to rotate the shape 90 degrees. I've stared at the shap file for hours and have NO idea what to change.

Any advice on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Groh

(I would also love to know how to make the crossing gate be in the down position for a static installation since this is the way an engineer would see it when approaching a grade crossing.)

Default RE: Replacing OEM Crossings with Bruce Bridges Models

No, sorry, there isn't a utility for rotating an object 90 degrees. I've seen posts that describe how to do it on the 3Dtrains forum, but it is a long, drawn out, line by line process.

I don't understand what you mean by the down position for static installation. If you have the object properly labeled in the REF file, then it should be treated like a crossing.

It is possible that after placing the crossing object in the RE, you may have to check the Animate box under the object properties, in order for it to function properly.

There is a good thing about the way the Bridges crossings are oriented. You should be able to apply the following tutorial to a track piece, to get the proper direction of it.

http://steam4me.railpage.org.au/trai...ls/perfect.htm

The problem with that method on a completed route, is that just by selecting the track piece, it will attempt to mess up any signals that may be covering it.

About renaming objects for upgrading, if you get Route Riter, it will allow you to replace items through a route. I would recommend this replacing, rather than renaming, as two different things with the same name on a system may cause problems, even if you work at keeping them apart.

James

Default RE: Replacing OEM Crossings with Bruce Bridges Models

James,

Thank you very much, especially the tip on using Route Riter. Plus, you've saved me hours trying to place a bridge by pointing me to the turorial.

Bob