Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cajon Pass

Default Cajon Pass

Cajon Pass does not work. The fixes are not helping me.
    Textures - yellowbuffer.ace
    Shape failed to load - A1tusbuffer.s
    Does anybody know what yellowbuffer means?

Default RE: Cajon Pass

Go to the textures folder of the USA2 route and copy the yellowbuffer.ace (last .ace file in the folder). Paste this into the textures folder of Cajon.

Should solve your problem.

Rod :-)

Rod

Happily non partisan rail simmer getting seriously lost in a plethora of simulators...

Hello,

Well i can't tell you what yellowbuffer means but i had the same trouble with Cajon route not loading but added yellowbuffer ace file from USA2 texture folder into Cajon texture folder and all worked ok.

The fixes i think you mean for the trees and landscape textures? well i found them much better than the original ones, i'm not that clued up a lot with MSTS so if i can get it up and installed i'm sure you will .

Lets know how you get on ,

Dodger.

Whenever an installed route complains about odd shape files or textures for it being missing then your first reaction should be to do a WIN "Search for Files or Folders" and having found the missing ones COPY/PASTE them into the ROUTES SHAPES folders and/or their ACE files into the route's TEXTURES folders.

If many are missing then the route's Installme.bat has most likely not been run.

The ROUTE RITER is the best and easiest method for "CHECK ROUTE" and if anything is found missing will make suggestions on how to fix it, if possible ! ;-)

O t t o

> Paste this into the textures folder of Cajon. Should solve your problem. <

Pst, guys, don't forget that the yellowbuffer.ace also needs to go into the textures/snow subfolder, as the shape associated with it is a track shape that has both summer and snow textures. Or you'll be back to square one the first time you try to run the route in winter...

Lukas a.k.a Swissie

The problem I'm having with the route now is that it chashes after playing the default activity. Is there anyone else having this problem and if so what did you do to fix it?

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

I find that sometimes after saving then exiting an activity it crashes S/DS but the saved activity loads and plays OK so no real problem.

That's all good but it still doesn't address why this is happening in the first place. Maybe someone will come along with a fix to this. I've tried all that I know how and the problem still comes up. I'm not sure if it's the update or not that's causing this.

When exiting the route it always crashed to the desktop and I get the S/DS message. IFIRC the author even states in the Read Me that this is a problem. Haven't seen any posts on how to fix it.
    Moving America one virtual train at a time.

This is not hard and fast information, but I suspect it is because of the sheer demands that the route places on MSTS.

Henry