Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATSF Clovis Sub Route

Default ATSF Clovis Sub Route

I downloaded this new route. It is loaded into MSTS. The advertised print up said ATSF Clovis Sub. Has over 300 route miles of mostly double track running from Belen NM to Clovis NM. I've tried running this route from two starting points and I didn't go many miles before I ran out of track. Im I supposed to be aware of a switch somewhere that allows you to explore the lenght of the route? Thanks in advance for any help on answering this questions. I will not be able to check this for answers until tomorrow.

Default RE: ATSF Clovis Sub Route

Has 243 Route Miles of mostly double track running
    from Belen NM to Clovis NM.
    Also includes an additional 75 miles of extension track.
    To the east is a line to the Southwestern Public Service Power
    Plant. To the west is the Belen, Isletta, Dailes triangle which
    ties the route into the Gallup and Glorieta routes.

If Running in Explore mode Run between Clovis and Belen or vice versa or choose the Eastbound or Westbound Activity. This will give you a nearly four hour run.

The Clovis Switcher activity only goes out to the power plant While the Belen local only runs around the Belen, Isletta, Dailes triange.

Also, press the map button on the splash screen - The Sub and extentions are shown in different colors.

This is a very good route. One problem has come up going east from Ft Summer, at mile post 716 at the cross over, the train derail. Any idea what may be causing this. I have tried it under 20 miles an hour, still no luck. I jsut re run this route it looks like the AI train west bound is causing the problem. I stopped the east bound it Ft Summer and made sure that it had cleared the switch. The west bound was moving and got a coupler broken at Lat 34.48134 and Lon -104.25067. Anyone have a idea what I should look for. When I run the westbound player train it had no problem's from Clovis to Belen.Thanks for anyones help
    Gerry

Thanks ATSF for pointing me in the right direction.

Looked at the route and saw nothing obvious in the trackwork that would cause an uncouple. I tested the activities using default equipment updated to the 4.5 physics level and had no uncouples anywhere on the route. You might want to look at the coupler break values in the consist you are having trouble with.

My detailed route description will give details on all the tracks.
    Look for closubdt.zip

Bob Edwards

Dose this have Albuquerque Lamy NM on the Clovis Sub Las Vegas NM,Gallup NM.

You need Glorieta Pass and the Gallup sub for those UPS.

Question

What is UPS.

Question

What is UPS.Thanks for the Reply,I am Conffussed here about Clovis & Gallup Routes.I checked out the Clovis Sub Route Design,Said this ties the Route into the Gallup and Glorieta routes.So I can run the Clovis Sub from Clovis too Gallup sounds too me the are Merged Routes.What do I exactly need here.
    Last edited by UPSD70ACE; 02-10-2008 at 12:29 PM.