Thread: Cajon Freeware - Floating Barstow Railyard

Default Cajon Freeware - Floating Barstow Railyard

I haven't seen any other post on this so maybe I'm the only one. After installing Cajon freeware and all the fixes and upgrades in the library and running the explore route actitivity all the way to Barstow, I notice that half the railyard at Barstow runs off the "edge of the earth" and is floating in mid air. If I run the train to the end of the track it falls off the edge of the earth. (Maybe Christopher was wrong!!). Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?

Thanks.

Default RE: Cajon Freeware - Floating Barstow Railyard

Not sure if this is a Great White Void issue? I just checked my copy in the route editor and the terrain does exist for Barstow. What happens when you start at Barstow and head West?

Take care,
    Rich S.

According to the route builder, this is a Great White Void problem.

Take care,
    Rich S.

Thanks for the replies. Setting up an activity heading west into the yard and the terrain is correctly displayed (no white void). I'm not familar with the "Great White Void" problem but from the name and tone of your replies it appears to be one of those unexplained and unsolvable problems.

Still a fantasic freeware route.!

Hello Ron,
    Yes the Great White Void is one of those bugs in MSTS. There is a utility in the file library you can download to see were GWV's will occur.

The file name is: GWV_Demarcation.zip

A common work around for the GWV problem is when running an activity, operate you train into the GWV, save the activity, exit the activity then restart your activity from the saved activities menu.

Take care,
    Rich S.

Ron,

Here's a description of the problem:
    http://www.trainsim.com/faq/msts/tech.htm#11.17

There's a true fix and a work-around. Fix: Using TSUtils, move the entire route to somplace else. Work-around: "If you drive your train across the boundary to the East, or North, save the game and then exit out. Reload the saved game and all will be normal."

regards,
    charlie

There's another solution: wait for next version of MSTSbin that - in George's intention - will solve the Great Void problem.

Carlo

That has also happened to me. Right now as a matter of fact. It never even shows the pass. I think the route requires more fixes and extensions to other places