Thread: Cajon Pass -Lost San Bernadino Yard-Then Recovered !

Default Cajon Pass -Lost San Bernadino Yard-Then Recovered !

I have been decorating this route for a about 20 hours, changing textures in higher elevations, adding CP-Vegatation in more places, adding forrests, rocks, bushes, etc...the route is so good, its worth it.

Running back in the RE to San Berdoo, noticed half of the yard is gone. Make a test activity to run a loco through there, riding on air we are?

Which is the offending world file ? Launched RouteRiter, then, when checking World Folder files, it reports in the lower left window that w-012820 + 140000.w can't be read, bad header data. I'm hoping thats the one.

Look and see that the .bk version is the same size, so the backup can't be used. So, delete both of them, and get one from the original route, which is installed on the D drive as a source of data for the one one the C drive.

After copying it in, buffer was generated, all is well.

There were some good posts here that explained the .w file and the .bk concept and other salient details, many thanks for the other posts !

Charlie

Default RE: Cajon Pass -Lost San Bernadino Yard-Then Recovered !

Hi Charlie,

Ok i'll be the first to ask!! Are you going to upload this upgrade as i think like you and many others that this is such a great route,

About the other post about Barstow ,i start there and have not had any problems , [except putting in a loco for the first time and heading the wrong way straight round the hill and into the bank before i could stop it!] lol.

Hopefully i will soon be able to finish the run to LA and what i have seen so far of the route it i'm really happy with it, plenty of life about on the roads , trailers parked by the dozen in the factories etc, being fairly new to MSTS i think it all adds to the realism,

Just my two Pennies/Cents worth,

Cheers Dodger.

I only could after permission from the author, and I haven't seen him post here since he finsihed it. He has a great set of objects to pick from, I don't think ground texture that Mike Sinlair used was included in his route, I couldn't find it, anyway. After working through ground texture placements though, I see that Patrick's original route did have quite an interesting set of textures to work with.

Hi Charlie,

You or anyone is free to use my Tertex texture provided that the usual credit etc is given.

Patrick posted two days ago in this very forum on the 22nd under the name of Hobart!

Mike;-)

Hey, thanks Mike.

The Cajon Pass World Folder is now up to 23 mbytes. I'm finished with it now....and need to either run or make a decent activity. I have a video on UP 3985 over Cajon, heading up E8's-UP 951 and 949, and about 10 matching coaches. Almost that exact set is available free at Gaetan Balenger's ValleyPass site. With Hugh's UP 3985 and this set, ....there is a story that could be recreated.

Charlie