Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help, because 1 specific Worldfile makes Freeware Cajon crash in RE!!!!

Default Need help, because 1 specific Worldfile makes Freeware Cajon crash in RE!!!!

I am already busy for a while to edit the freeware Cajon route. It worked all fine untill I started to change something in a specific worldfile. I let the tracklayout like it was (and also the roads and signs). I only made some changes to the terrain, put some extra objects in it with 1 platform marker, and raised the tracks and roads to the newer a little bit higher levell of the terrain. When I saved everything, it worked fine first, but when I rebuild the trackdatabase, it immediately crashed!!! Before that it crashed much later on the specific worldfile, and that was also the file I made the last changes on!!!

So something must be wrong with that worldfile and tile.Maybe there is a corrupt shape in it, or an interactive object that doesn't work proper. I searched a lot on it, but I cannot find the problem in that tile. Maybe somebody can find out what cause the problem on the Worldfile and Tile. The problems occur on the Worlfile w-12822+014000.w and the Tile -024992ec.t.

I hope somebody can dig deeper in this, and help me to solve the problem.

VINCENT

Default RE: Need help, because 1 specific Worldfile makes Freeware Cajon crash in RE!!!!

You made one big mistake by trying to rebuild the track database. You should NEVER rebuild the track database with interactive objects on it, and two, you shouldn't have added the platform maker or touched those tracks. That screwed it up too. The only solution in this mess is to restore a backup and start again (hoping that you made backups, of course).

Default RE: Need help, because 1 specific Worldfile makes Freeware Cajon crash in RE!!!!

>You made one big mistake by trying to rebuild the track
    >database. You should NEVER rebuild the track database with
    >interactive objects on it, and two, you shouldn't have added
    >the platform maker or touched those tracks. That screwed it up
    >too. The only solution in this mess is to restore a backup and
    >start again (hoping that you made backups, of course).

That is not the problem, because I edited already a lot of routes WITH interactive objects and with placing of platform markers!!!! And they never gave a problem when I rebuild the Trackdatabase. When that was the problem, you never can make a route, because you always have to rebuild the Trackbase many times (otherwise every change you make to a route layout during building, is not visible after saving and reopening the route in the RE!!!) And in the rest of the route, the editting and rebuilding worked fine except that tile. And as I told, beside 1 new Platformarker, I didn't change anything in the route's Track layout or roads, signs, etc.

Also before editting the route, the route crashed during rebuild TDB on that already mentioned worldfile and tile. So there must be something wrong on that specific tile.

VINCENT

OK, sure, you've gotten lucky before, but now your luck has ended. First of all, you only need to rebuild the track database when there is a corruption of the database. Otherwise, you do not need to rebuild it. Trust me, I have been in business of building/editing routes for 3 years. I know. Search the forums if you're in doubt.

Trust me, I am also in business for more than 3 years with editting and building routes!!! You need to rebuild the TDB time by time when you are building a route or make changes to it, otherwise the tracks and changes are not visisble in the Activity Editor, and you cannot test your (edited) route!!!! When you know an other solution to make the tracks visible in the Activity Editor for a newly build route or an edited route without rebuilding the TDB, please let me know???!!!!

But as I told before, the problem is not the rebuilding of the TDB itself, but a corrupt worldfile + tile. I cannot find the file that cause the problem, so maybe somebody can help me with that???

VINCENT

I simply don't rebuild the database.

>I simply don't rebuild the database.

Let me have a big laugh!!!! Than it is simply impossible to test your newly build route in the explore mode of your MSTS installation. Because you need to do rebuild TDB, otherwise your route layout is not visible in the AE. And when your route is not visible in the AE, you cannot make a path to drive your route. The AE cannot recognize the tracks by only saving it in the RE!!!!

But this discussion goes nowhere!!!! It is not the problem I am asking for help for!!!! So I hope somebody who really knows something about the problem can help, because for the last time: REBUILDING TDB IS NOT THE PROBLEM ITSELF!!! The problem is in the worldfile + tile.

VINCENT

Hi Vincent

Goto the tile in RE and check if there's a blue pole on the road or
    on the track. The same thing happpened to me and it was a blue pole
    on road piece. I just got rid of the road and started over.

Tom

Oh but yes it can, its just that you're just not listening to me. I have never encountered something like that, on any route I've done. I've only rebuilt the TDB of my most recent route once, and that was because of a corrupted TDB. I was able to make a path the first day I laid tracks, so what you're saying is simply not true. You yourself have made this into more of a hassle by editing tracks on a route with interactive objects already in place. And, apparently, you haven't searched the forums yet either, because a simple search would've turned up the fact that I am correct.

OK, Thank you Tomkat.That is the type of help I was searching for instead of that nonsense posted above here. But I just checked the whole tile now, but all road- and railpieces look very well connected (so no blue poles). The problem is not in that. Maybe some more people with suggestions???

VINCENT

P.S. BNLover, Also with a fresh install of the route, the rebuilding TDB crash on that specific tile. So it doesn't matter if I edit the route or not!!! But when you do not want to add constructive help in this discussion, please leave this discussion, and DO NOT spoil it!!!!