Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A&O Sub

Default A&O Sub

Hi All,

I am thinking of purchasing this route , could anyone give me some info on it, how long is it/ are there maps that can be downloaded etc, its just that i can't seem to find much about it but the screen shots i have seen look good and those Alco's in the screen section of it look great,

Thanks for any help .

Cheers Dodger.

Default RE: A&O Sub

I don't really know how long it is. But when I say that it is a shortline, I say it all. It is a very twisted line (dark territory) in the Ozark Mountains.

The focus of this route is pulling freight trains with mostly bulk commodities and forest products along this rugged line, switching the industries enroute. Various steep grades make for additional operating challenges.

The activities tell a great story about an engineer on the line and should be played in sequential order and make for hours of enjoyment. Given the fact that it is a shortline does not mean that trains are short. There are times you have to double the hills including the (in)famous Seligman Hill.

The route is "protolanced", based on an old branchline, which has since ceased to exist, but modelled how it might have looked today had the A&M RR taken over the operations on the line.

The line is modelled to give a very natural feel for the area. It does not have any sophisticated innards like some of the routes out there, but features a very solid modelling. Suffice to say that the rolling stock (A&M, BN, Frisco, KCS, CN, RBX, TTX) is excellent as well as the locos (as you already mentioned).

So, if you like branch-/shortline operations, if you like switching puzzles, if you like slow running through a scenic valley, if you like the calm variant of railroading, then this is the perfect route for you!

If you want to see more pictures, I would recommend visiting the 3DTrains screenshots forum! :)

Hope this helps you a bit!
    Cheers,
    Sebastian

Hello Sebastian,

Well it sounds like its an interesting route and i have just been looking at BLW's N&W addon pack over on V Scales Website and they look terrific .

Thanks for the help,

Cheers,

Dodger.

No problem, my pleasure! :D
    Cheers,
    Sebastian

Hello Dodger:

I'm Andre Ming, creator of the A&O Sub route. Sebastian did an excellent job of sharing an overview of the A&O Sub for you.

An addendum:

Yes, there are track charts included for your convenience, along with other informational reading material found within the A&O Sub route folder inside a sub-folder titled "Documents".

Top speed for the route is 30 MPH, so it isn't all slow going. As Sebastion mentioned, the route, equipment, and the activities will challenge your abilities as a sim train operator. In addition, the physics included with the supplied equipment are a bit closer to actual physics than the default physics found with MSTS. It may take you a bit to catch on to running with such physics.

If I can answer any specific questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for considering the A&O Sub!

Andre Ming
    http://www.vscalecreations.com

Hello Andre,

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Regards

Dodger.

You will find this route to be an absorbing experiance..I have owned it since the day of it's release(or 2nd day...help me out here, Andre! lol). As was stated earlier, the activities lay out a full season of railroading and the challenges of operating the first-rate locomotives and rolling stock will keep you glued to the monitor for hours(days!)....You will enjoy it!!
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

LOL André! Of course it's not slow running, but some would say so (the 79/90 mph speed crowd!) :P :+

Personally I find this speed just right to get an appreciation for the scenery and the train handling!
    Cheers,
    Sebastian

Hi Gents,

I purchased this route today and have spent an enjoyable afternoon exploring it, the Trestle Bridges are great which reminded me of my On3 layout i had many years ago and its also nice to have those Alco loco's with it by Gaetan Belanger,

Well worth the money thats for sure,

Thanks all for the help about it,

Cheers Dodger.

Thanks a bunch for your order, Dodger! I hope you have many fun filled hours railroadin' on the A&O Sub!!

Andre Ming
    http://www.vscalecreations.com