Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NS Atlanta to Macon Route...question

Default NS Atlanta to Macon Route...question

I'm getting a message on this route that states, in essence, that the Global\Shapes\A1t20mStrt.s shapes file has failed to open. Can anyone give me any idea as to what that means? How can it be fixed?

Bill Stevens ~ Knoxville, TN
    Email: <[email protected]>
    E.T.& W.N.C./Linville River Railroad "The Doe River Route"
    Bill Stevens - - Knoxville, TN

Default RE: NS Atlanta to Macon Route...question

A1T20MStrt.s is one of the track shape files.

I just installed that route last week and did not get that error.

First, this route requires both X-tracks and newroads. Did you install those?

If so, check the route with Route-Riter, and it should fix any problems.

(In my case, I think it had to steal a firtree.s file from one of the other routes.)

This sounds like is a typical MSTS memory usage issue... Do you have MSTSBin installed?

FWIW, the Atlanta Macon route is a nice one, scenery-wise, but it does have some rather unprototypically sharp curves. Lots of straights-sharp bends-straights rather than nice gentle sweeping curves.

>but it does have some rather unprototypically sharp curves.

You may mean "uncharacteristically" rather than "unprototypically", unless you have actually driven the RW route and feel your statement is accurate.

I have not been on it in RL, but the route author has and might well be offended by your statement as written if what I suggested was what was intended.

Hi, my name is O'brian Jones and I will assist you as much as possible. As for as offended, the answer is NOOOOOOOOOO! I realized the sharp curves when it was too late and signal objects had been placed (i.e. to delete and straighten out would have gotten errors. Unfortunately, the last release was never uploaded, but I did got to Dallas, GA. I will upload the last edition next week some time....

Have fun, and feel free to alter, make comments etc.....God Bless, have a wonderful day! O'brian

Dallas, when you upload the last edition, will it have what I hope might be the "fix" that I need for this route? Hope so as I am soooo wanting to run this route VERY SOON!

"Safety is of the FIRST IMPORTANCE discharge of our duties."

I'm curious to know if, by creating BOTH a Global\Shapes\A1t20mStrt.s and a Global\Shapes\A1t20mStrt.sd file, what will the possibility be of alleviating this problem. Although the NS Atlanta to Macon Route states that this file is missing, I noticed the Global\Shapes\A1t20mStrt.s and Global\Shapes\A1t20mStrt.sd are BOTH missing from the file and that is the basis for my question.

Realizing that I have downloaded the latest versions of XTracks and New Roads so that is not an issue, however, I've had naught but difficulties attempting to use Route Riter. If anyone can send me the Readme File for ACEit and TGA I would appreciate it. I've not been able to find them in the software.

>Realizing that I have downloaded the latest versions of
    >XTracks and New Roads so that is not an issue...

Bill,

But the fact that you say that A1t20mStrt.s and A1t20mStrt.sd are not in \GLOBAL\SHAPES indicates that it is an issue.

Both files are found in Xtracks. If you download "Xtracks.zip", which has a self-installing EXE, you should then have it all sorted out.

regards,
    charlie

I don't understand the true culprit of the problem. The only suggestion that I can make would be to make arrangements for you to get a copy of the route accompanied with my global folder. This shouldn't impact your routes. I also know that this route is very scenic and sometimes files will come up missing due to the computer's lack or memory....Not saying that is the case for your computer, because I don't know your specs, or I could just email you the missing files...

God Bless,

O'brian

O'brian....I would GREATLY appreciate your emailing me the missing files. My email address is <[email protected]> and I truly thank you!

Bill Stevens - Knoxville, TN
    <[email protected]>