Thread: CSX Kingsport Subdivision...HELP...AGAIN!!!!

Default CSX Kingsport Subdivision...HELP...AGAIN!!!!

I am trying to get Route Riter to work in order to open the CSX-Kingsport route. The message that I get when opening RR is that 'AceIT.exe is not (installed) as part of Route Riter'. How do I do this? Also, how do I ACTUALLY OPEN THE CSX Kingsport Route?

HELP...HELP...HELP...HELP!!! Thanks.

Bill Stevens
    Knoxville, TN

Please feel free to email me at <[email protected]>, especially if you are in the area.
    E.T.& W.N.C./Linville River Railroad "The Doe River Route"
    Bill Stevens - - Knoxville, TN

Default RE: CSX Kingsport Subdivision...HELP...AGAIN!!!!

Bill,

The first thing to do is read the "Read Me" that is included with Route Riter and follow those install directions. It has been a while since I installed RR, but IIRC after RR installs there are two other programs that install and the installers for those have to be pointed to the RR folder so they install into that folder.
    Moving America one virtual train at a time.

The ACEIT error shouldnt stop the Route Riter program from working for you.

You need to look under the "General Utils" tab for a "MyZipp" button. When you click on that, it opens up a custom zip/unzip utility which operates similar to winzip.

I should warn you before you go through alot of trouble here that the Kingsport route is an unfinished route, with minimal scenery and vegitation. Its sort of a "finish it how you want to" exercise for the more advanced types. I also discovered a trackage alignment issue in the Dante yard lead, running southbound through the yard and yard lead will derail a train (even with derailments turned off). The rails dont come together quite correctly.

It appears the route was built using a design version of "brute force" before alot of the newer route building techniques came into being.

Thanks for the 'heads up'! I think I'll ONLY try to open the Kingsport route up ONLY to get experience with Route Riter...that's it!

WSteven1
    E.T.& W.N.C./Linville River Railroad "The Doe River Route"
    Bill Stevens - - Knoxville, TN