Thread: Vehicles

Default Vehicles

Hi All,

I have been adding some extra road Vehicles to one of my routes and wish to add a school bus from another addon i have, i have done the same procedure as i did with the Vehicles i downloaded from the Train-sim library but i can't get the bus to show up, i am new to this and have been thinking perhaps that because the bus is in a Commercial addon that may be the reason i can't get it to work,would this be the case .

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers Dodger.

Default RE: Vehicles

Hi All,

I don't know ,i'm sure these Computors have got a mind of their own!!,

I have been trying for ages to get this model Bus in my route and then "Voila" like in the real world two come along at once!,

Problem solved,

Cheers Dodger.

Dodger,

Did you copy the .S, .SD and .ace files over to your shapes directory, along with anything else pertaining to that vehicle?

Without those, you'll recieve the classic send/don't send from the sim I believe.

Another way to ensure it's there, you'll have to up the number of vehicles listied in the Car Spawn DAT file (Openable within Wordpad or any other Unicode editing program of choice) add 1 or more to the number of vehicles, and then copy the pertaining line from th one dat file with the bus listed in it to the one your adding it to.

I've only opened this particular dat file once or twice to study it, never edit it fully. Hope this helps you.
    Thomas J Pearce

Broadway Limited Locomotive Works
    Come see our Railworks rolling stock

Hello Thomas,

Yup i copied the said files over and changed the number at the top of the list but for some reason i could not get it to show, i removed it all more than once and then it just showed up ok, so i don't know why, still its running now ok ,

Thanks for your help,

Cheers Dodger.

Dodger,

You're more than welcome. Glad it worked out for ya. BTW, you wouldn't have any 1950's era American vehicles sotckpiled anywhere would you?
    Thomas J Pearce

Broadway Limited Locomotive Works
    Come see our Railworks rolling stock

Hi Thomas,

No mate i'm sorry i can't help you there,

Cheers Dodger.