Thread: Looking for special Routes

Default Looking for special Routes

Hi everybody !

I'm new to this Forum and I am looking for Routes,where I can follow the great Trains of the Past,e.g. Super Chief,City Of New Orleans,20th Century Limited,Broadway Limited.

Are there some Routes available ?

You know,I also would like a Route,which is really long(500 Miles and longer).

Would really appreciate your Help !

Regards from Austria,

Wolfgang

Default RE: Looking for special Routes

500 miles is a very long route. I think most of the mainline routes available are around a couple of hundred miles. But, there are routes that "connect" - the end of one route is the beginning of the next. Here are a few routes on which some well-known trains ran - all the routes are in the File Library:

Super Chief - Raton Pass, Glorieta Pass, Gallup Sub, Seligman Sub, Cajon Pass
    California Zephyr - Moffat Pass
    Empire Builder - Marias Pass (default and the updated versions)

I don't know about the eastern routes.

Andy

>Super Chief - Raton Pass, Glorieta Pass, Gallup Sub, Seligman Sub, Cajon Pass
    >California Zephyr - Moffat Pass
    >Empire Builder - Marias Pass (default and the updated versions)

for the Empire builder, I can also highly recommend
    - the GN Highline (covers the area of Marias Pass and beyond, namely the Sweetgrass and a few other branches); latest version pending and to be released soon
    - the combined Marias Pass/Kootenai Sub (MPK) route.
    Both come close to the 500 miles of mainline track you yearn for.

Another "great route of the past":
    Olympian Hiawatha: Milwaukee Road Rocky Mountain Divisions 1, 2, and 4 by Jerry Sullivan. Three routes of ca. 100-120 miles each, turned into a hiking trail and bike path in the real world since...

Lukas a.k.a Swissie

The San Francisco Chief on the ATSF started in Chicago and went to--well you can guess it. It's route was different from the Chief, Super Chief/El Capitan. The routes where it would have traveled are from east to west: Clovis Sub, Gallup Sub, Seligman Sub, Needles Sub (yet to be completed), and the Tehachapi route by 3dtrainstuff. The first three routes are by Bob Wirth and the track is as good as you can get.

The City of Los Angeles on the Union Pacific ran over Cajon Pass, and the City of San Francisco ran over Tehachapi. There are no MSTS routes east or west of those routes for the UP.

Connecting The Clovis, Gallup, and Seligman Subs together would be over 800 miles of track.

Bob Edwards

Hi everybody !

Well,meanwhile I installed the Marias-Kootenai Route which is really fantastic,but when I installed the separate mp3kcons.zip with the fitting Consists,I've noticed that the default GP38 doesn't appear on the Train List. So,what's wrong here ?

Can anybody help me,please ? Would be GREAT !

BTW:Happy New Year to all here !

Thank You very much in Advance.

Kindest Regards,

Wolfgang from Austria

Did you check the folder to see if the .eng file for the engine is located in the proper folder?

Give us more details about your situation.

Bob Edwards

Well after all the hard work that Bob Wirth has put into his ATSF routes, and Patrick Wise's hard work on his Cajon Pass, you can successfully run the Super Chief/Southwest Chief over a majority of the Route from Chicago to LA. The newest version of Raton Pass, (Raton Pass III) starts in La Junta, CO and from there, if you have Bob's amazing Routes needed (Raton Pass, Glorieta Pass, Gallup Sub, Seligman Sub, Needles Sub..) and Patrick's freeware Cajon Pass, you have enough to run well over the 500 miles you wanted.. And Bob and Patrick have done an amazing job on all of their routes.