Thread: 56 K modem

Default 56 K modem

How good are large downloads on a 56k modem anybody have any luck with it. need some inputon this

Default RE: 56 K modem

Depends on your connection and on your provider. I recommend a download accelerator (like getright), not to really accelerate, but to save your download if disconnected. If you have a good connection, well, you may download all you can, even large files (MBTA Route), but it will take loooooong time. And, if normal non-premium user you only have a limited time per day. Anything else?

Horst

Ya got getright installed that friday .Downloaded csx BR that turned out with a big white void in it.Then I downloaded the lehigh valley v2 what i think is a wonderfull route ended up with white voids and msn has a problem message all the time. Just wondering if i wasnt lossing some files with it takeing so long to down load. Got new phone lines [cat5 they say thats the best] Didnt think both routs would have white voids in them. dial up speed is 46.6 kbps but the download speed runs 4.7 .I know dial up is just about a thing of the past but its the best i can do for now thank you

I do not know the CSX route, but the Lehigh Valley route has definitely no Great White Void bug (GWV). BTW, install the latest MSTS-BIN patch which eliminates this bug.
    No idea why you have that problem. Perhaps someone else knows?

Regards,

Horst

When I had dial up my D/L speeds were about 4.7 also. I downloaded many routes including LV with no problems. This is with premeium membership. I would start the download at night and go to bed. I found the $30 fee to be well worth every cent with dial up.

John

"BNSFLADY"
    CYNDI RICHARDS
    You will always
    be here with us.

Ya thats what has me stumped I keep my train computer up to date . well there is one thing i did this morning was take it down and have highspeed dial up put in it.Im going to redown load the Lehigh Valley route again and see if it does any better with the highspeed dial up.Thats a nice looking route and would love to have it.There main line ran near the house in upstate ny where i used to live. well Im going to download it again and see how it does .If I dont have any luck with it anybody out there burn it to a cd for me and mail it to me Thank You for your time