Thread: OK, who Razed the San Berdoo Depot! "Hobart's" Cajon Pass

Default OK, who Razed the San Berdoo Depot! "Hobart's" Cajon Pass

Someone demolished the depot! I ran the Grand Canyon into San Bernardino last night and the depot is gone! GONE! Just a vacant lot east of the freight shed! I loaded the sim with another consist and same thing. Just an empty green lot.

Anybody (Hobart?) got any ideas how I can put that depot back? I didn't look (4-key) under the scenery to see if it was sunk and I'm at work so I can't check it.......
    Herb Kelsey

Default RE: OK, who Razed the San Berdoo Depot! "Hobart's" Cajon Pass

Herb,

just to make sure about the obvious first: Did you check that your sliders are maxed out? If not, it might just be there, but if it has an ESD_Detail_Level ( x ) that is higher than your current Detail slider settings it will not load in the sim.

Lukas a.k.a Swissie

I'll fiddle with the sliders but the depot has been there for weeks and now it's gone and the sliders have been maxed since I loaded Bin 1.6 a couple months ago. No changes to the sim except the 3DTrains Gui beta.
    Herb Kelsey

Eureka! I have found it! I took the sliders to default levels, no depot. Bumped everything back up to full and voila! Depot again.

Go figure.
    Herb Kelsey

Hi Herb,

that can happen - glad to hear it really just was the sliders...! Maybe you want to open the .sd file for the depot and check the line

ESD_Detail_Level ( x ).

I assume it is ( 10 ) or ( 9 ) currently. Edit it down to ( 8 ) or ( 7 ) to avoid the same from happening again. FyI: ( 7 ) also applies to the roads, so once you're down to that level you'll have more shortfalls than just a depot taking a leave for a day or two, and you'll immediately notice what you've done ;o)

Lukas a.k.a Swissie

The depot was there when I rode by in the Grand Canyon, but that was around 1963. Where did you get the consist?

This reminds me of a question that I have about the SanBern depot. I took ATSF out from Chicago to SB several decades ago and I seem to remember getting off the train at a depot on the north-south part of the track through SanB (approximately where the interstate highway parallels the track after the track makes the turn from eastbound to northbound. The real depot that I remember looks somewhat like the one in the freeware edition of the TS route, whereas the 3DTS sim version looks like a smaller, more modern building. Did they relocate the depot when they built the interstate? Tried to locate some old SanB city maps to check this out, but couldn't find any. Thanks for any info.

Richard

You can see the train I was running at http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...showtopic=1432

For the steam segment,
    -ATSF 3820, a repainted ATSF 2-10-2 3802 from T-S files
    -ATSF 3755, a renumbered ATSF 4-8-4 3751 from 3DTrainStuff's "Santa Fe 3751 over Cajon Pass" add-on
    -PRR X29 REA box 2064 from Tim Muir at Elvas Tower
    -ATSF RPO 75, repainted from the generic "heavypax" cars on T-S.com, now no longer on the list but available as Don Karch's dsl_p1.zip on T-S.com
    -ATSF Streamlined Baggage 3462 from 3DTrains' Super Chief Set
    -ATSF Heavyweight Baggage 78, repained from same source as 75
    -ATSF Combine, Chair cars, Pullmans and Observation Lounge from the "3751 over Cajon" set with a Streamlined Pullman from the Super.

For the diesel segment
    -ATSF 164LABC, v4 FTs from 3Dtrains
    -ATSF Streamlined RPO 84 from the 3DTrains Super Chief Set.
    Herb Kelsey

Actually, the tracks in front of the depot run almost due east-west. Just east of the depot the tracks turn north for the run over Cajon Pass. Interstate 15 (formerly US 395) parallels this northward segment and is a couple of blocks east of the depot.

No, same building, in the same place only with a new facade, but what you say is interesting. I remember going to pick up my grandmother at the Santa Fe depot in San Diego when I was a wee nipper. She would always ride the local from LA which came in at Oh-dark-thirty in the morning. I remember how huge and imposing that depot seemed to me back then. Visiting it now it doesn't seem nearly as big as it did back then.
    Herb Kelsey