Thread: Cajon pass

Default Cajon pass

made a big screw up installed cajon pass twice in the sim now it showes 2 cajon pass,s in the sim looked for an uninstall but could not find one anybody know how to uninstall it. was haveing a lot of texture problems with it any way .dont want to totaly screw up everything but if it has to stay oh well

Default RE: Cajon pass

Which Cajon Pass, freeware or payware?
    Moving America one virtual train at a time.

Its the freewear . Thought I installed it wrong so did it again and it loaded it in again in the train sim.What Im have trouble with is a texture yellow buffer ace always popping up all the time.If I knew how to fix that id just leave it all in there. What iv seen of the route its awesoom that man put a lot of work into it Beats the heck out of a paywear where you go up one hill and down another.If I cant unstall it any way to fix the yellow buffer thing from popping up all the time thank you

You should be able to search the Yellowbuffer.ace file in one of the other routes such as USA2\textures directory. Copy it and then paste it into the the directories \cajon pass\textures and \cajon pass\textures\snow. That should solve the problem with the popups stating the file cannot be loaded.

Jim

Hi Erie,

the yellowbuffer.ace is a default texture, as the name suggests for the yellow buffers at the end of a spur. When installing Cajon Pass, the installme.bat file should have copied this default item for you, namely from the Train Simulator/Template/Textures folder, along with quite a lot of other things from that source.

For whatever reason, it either missed to find it, or skipped it. So as jrmenidly said correctly, you can manually copy / paste the file from the templates folder to the textures and textures/snow folders of the Cajon route.

Even better would be to run RouteRiter and have it check your install of Cajon pass. There might have been other files that the installer missed, so RouteRiter will find them, and either copy them from default locations if available, or give you an error message about which missing files could not be found.

Lukas a.k.a Swissie

There is a fix updated to Cajon Pass in the F-L that deals with this issue.

BINGO hy guys its up and running the yellow thing is gone thank you for the help.Didnt have time to go all the way took it where it went to sigle track and the yellow buffer did not pop up.Ok if any of yous read this what is route ridder and what does it do. im new to the free route stuff all my routes are pay wear.Sounds like I may need route ridder Thank you for your help [PS this guy did one heck of a job on this route]

http://members.optusnet.com.au/virtualtrains/

All MSTS users need Route-Riter.