Thread: Question for Richard Shirey

Default Question for Richard Shirey

Are you planning on updating the P&WV beyond the stage it's at? The PC branches would be interesting to run full length from terminal to terminal. I really love that route despite being smaller because I don't feel so bogged down. I was hoping there could be a little more in the future on both sides to run as the W&LE.

Default RE: Question for Richard Shirey

I'm planning on eventually adding the Connellsville division to the route. I'm also planning on going back and tweaking the scenery on the Pittsburgh division, at that point I may also extend the Washington Secondary. Glad you are enjoying the route, the High & Dry was a neat little railroad with just about everything in the way of tunnels, grades and bridges galore :)

Take care,
    Rich S.

I look forward to running it in the future. I like the ambient effect of the residential areas that are below track level. Even though you can't really see them in the cab, it is fun to explore them in the route editor. Keep up the good work on your other routes too. Since the L&HR has been upgraded, I can run it without the errors. Take it easy,

Kenny

Hello Kenny,
    Glad you are enjoying the routes :) I've been having fun tweaking the L&HR. If you have not already done so, check out the activities being created by Paul Charland for the L&HR Version 1.3, found in the file library. The activities are based on real schedules with the correct engines and rolling stock for the era and even though they do require a number of downloads, they are worth the time :)

Take care,
    Rich S.

The basis of the L&HR is a bridge line. I enjoy these types of railroads because they don't have to have a justification of online business. You can run pretty much anything. Regional clues still exist but, you are pretty flexible to run a "special" block of cars and develop your own schedules to emulate the prototype and still be able to freelance a little. I do wish there were more of the terminal switching companies out there to run. I am actually surprised the Indiana Harbor Belt and EJ&E haven't been made yet. Those two companies alone could keep a person busy for hours if they chose. I like transfers more than anything. I get bored on road trains in real life because they usually lack the action. Does anyone else have any info for the IHB and J and if there is routes being developed.

Kenny