Thread: Clovis Sub Error Message

Default Clovis Sub Error Message

I am getting the message "Forest Desc File not found" when I try to run this. I have searched and have no idea where or what it is. It will not run without this.

Default RE: Clovis Sub Error Message

Hi

Your route seems to miss the forest.dat file in the main folder of the route. The file is needed by the route author when placing forest regions in the route, and it defines types of trees, their sizes and their minimum and maximum scaling factor.

Once placed, all the relevant information is stored in and retrieved from the .w files (the files actually telling MSTS what scenery to place on a world tile), and the forest.dat data is not applied when you simply run the sim.

Therefore, if you have accidentally deleted the original forest.dat, and do not intend on editing the route, you may also try to use the generic one which you find in ../Train Simulator/Templates. In the case of the forest.dat that normally is enough to satisfy MSTS for just running the sim. MSTS just requiers a forest.dat file to be there.

Sidenote: There are other, more crucial .dat files such as the carspawner or the signal scripts where you absolutely need the correct version, as the sim actually reads and applies their settings when you run the sim.

Lukas a.k.a Swissie

Default RE: Clovis Sub Error Message

It turns out that I had not installed it correctly. After rerunning the unzip, I found the install.bat, ran it, and everything works like it is supposed to.

DP