Thread: Red Blocks on the Needles to Seligman route

Default Red Blocks on the Needles to Seligman route

Can some one please help me in getting by the red block at Truxton, the train is routed into the siding to allow a stacker train to pass on the main as both trains are headed east and after the east bound goes by the block stays red on the siding and the main line.
    I have tried moving the train back and forth on the siding, didn't work. this route was bought in Jan.07 and installed from a cd and unknown if it has the updated patches.
    Thanks in advance. JBB

Default RE: Red Blocks on the Needles to Seligman route

If running Bin, try opening the Activity in the Activity Editor and doing a "Compute and Save".

Try pressing "TAB" to request permission.

Try saving and re-opening the Activity.

Try getting to the signal a bit earlier or later.

Try posting the name of the activity so others can help you out better.

I don't have that route, but that's what I've done with other routes.

Hello JBB,
    Since I don't have the route mention, I don't know if the CD version has the patch. My advice would be to contact Streamlines via email to see if your version contains the update patch. You might also ask them if they have any tips on running the activity you mentioned. Most of the time in MSTS activities fail because of bad timing. They might be able to tell you that you have to be at point x by a certain time to make everything run smoothly.

Take care,
    Rich S.

Keep in mind that the default signal system reads 6 signals ahead.

If the signals are far apart it may take some time for the stacker to clear enough signals to give you a yellow.

John

"BNSFLADY"
    CYNDI RICHARDS
    You will always
    be here with us.

I have written several e-mails to streamlines going into detail what activity I was running and what happened and also asked if the program needed the patch. so for no reply. I will write them a letter to try and get the info. and help needed to get activity to operate properly. I have the bnsf scenic route and I am having the same problems with that program. also I am not running the Bin as I am new at this and don't fully understand how the Bin patches work and maybe some one can tell me do I need all of the patches or just go for the 1.6 or 1.7 at uk train sim. Thanks for the replies.
    JBB

Name of activity is SLI ATSF SD-40-2 5038 East Heavy east bound manifest. I tried the tab, I can get there later but not earlier as it is a slow go over the mountain, needs more power, also tried saving and restart, as I stated in the above reply I need some help on the bin patches. Has anyone tried using the bin patches on this route? Thanks again for the replies and help.
    JBB

The patches are cumulative, you only need the latest 1.7 and you will get all the earlier features. (In fact, had you installed 1.6 you would have to uninstall it before you could install 1.7 anyway).

Hello JBB,
    I don't have that route, but I've been running the bin patch for quite some time now and have not found any problems. I have several payware and freeware routes installed and to this point I can say I've not had a problem with any of them :) As long as you have the MSTS 1.2/1.4 upgrade installed (see screen print) you can install the MSTSbin patch. The bin patch comes with a installer, after the installer has finished you'll just need to copy a couple of files from a newly created sub folder into the Train Simulator folder and you'll be set :) For more info check out the Bin Help forum.

Take care,
    Rich S.

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

On all of my routes I have altered the sigcfg file to read only 4 blocks ahead which with the aspects available is all you need.I believe it does help with making activities run better especially where you have a single track only with passing sidings.You could always try using the freeware Seligman sub which is one of my favourites and of high quality.