Thread: Plattsburgh NY to NYC Route (Adirondacker)

Default Plattsburgh NY to NYC Route (Adirondacker)

Hi there

Has anyone done the plattsburgh NY to NYC route??? I would love to drive it, I have ridden the route Many times RL as a teen.

please help me out

yours,

Ambrosius

Default RE: Plattsburgh NY to NYC Route (Adirondacker)

Well,
    There was one guy working on the route from Plattsbugh to Whitehall, then his computer crashed and he lost everything. I agree. It would be nice if this route was created, but I would much rather see Rouses Point to Binghamton. If you went to NYC, then your doing a CP and CSX route since Amtrak has trackage rights on CSX into NYC. Some portion of the Canadian Main would be nice. There's the Bridge Line from Maple Leaf Tracks that's also available. I think that's the only D&H route out there.

Nick

Sorry...double post.

>Well,
    >There was one guy working on the route from Plattsbugh to
    >Whitehall, then his computer crashed and he lost everything.

That would be me...I tried to install a beta file without backing up...I hadn't learned from doing the same thing several times before, but I was always able to recover, until then. After spending several hours uninstalling, reinstalling, re-adding xtracks, new roads, scale rail, nothing was working. In fact, all my other routes in progress and every route except the default routes had no terrain at all. I just gave up, and haven't run the sim since then (five months ago). I still think about trying to get it going again every once in a while, but have not mustered the energy to try. Guess I got a little burnt out, and I'm now busy with other things. I did enjoy laying the track along Lake Champlain, and though I never really got going with scenery, I did stop and try my hand at the line's signature Red Rocks area along Willsboro Bay.