Thread: Lehigh & Hudson RR v1.1

Jct of the NS Southern Tier an, New York.

Default Lehigh & Hudson RR v1.1

Hi,

I am having trouble installing the L&HRR v1.1. After running the installation program, I am not able to run a train on the route, or for that matter open MSTS. I believe that this problem is because of the L&HRR update. Once I remove the update and restore the orginal L&HRR I am able to open MSTS and run a train on the route. I don't think this type of problem concerning the L&HRR has been reported before. Thank you for your help.

Default RE: Lehigh & Hudson RR v1.1

Hello Walter,
    I recommend that you also install the L&HR 1.2, 1.3, 1.31 and sigfix updates and let me know if this corrects the problems you are having? Also make sure that you have the latest versions of xtracks and new roads installed. They can also be found in the file library.

Take care,
    Rich S.

Hi Walter,

One other thing on top of what Richard suggested, make sure the activities you are trying are for v1.3. Earlier activities will not work in later versions and later ones will not work in earlier version.

Paul :-)

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your help. Because of your suggestions, I was able to resolve the problem. I had thought that I had the most current edition of x-tracks and newroads. After downloading these updated programs, I am now able to run trains on the L&HRR. I havent tried the activities yet.

Actually, please disregard my last message. After installing the L&HRR updates, I try to click on "drive a train" but the computer freezes.

Does the sim report any errors? Have you re-tried checking the route with route-riter?

Yes, RouteRiter reports a couple of problems with missing shapes and textures but that should not cause the sim to freeze. The first route is ok but when I install the second update that is when the problem starts up. I am also unable to run the batch file to remove the raw tiles in RouteRiter.

Hi Walter,

I'm attaching the 20m grass file that's probably missing but if you open the route again and get errors write down what they say and we should be able to fix you up.

Paul :-)

Hi,

I was able to correct the problem of the computer freezing at the “drive a train” tab by first isolating the cause to the L&HR v1.1 update, which included the activities. After temporarily removing the activity files, I am now able to run trains on the route.I did not know at the time I wrote my first message thatthis issue has been addressed before on the forum.

I have since updated the route to v4. There are still a couple of minor issues with missing shapes and textures after I ran RouteRiter. These missing files include car2.s and cheleng.ace or s (I may have that misspelled). Thank you all for your help.

Richard, you have done an outstanding job on this route and Paul, I look forward to downloading your activities.

Default RE: Lehigh & Hudson River RR v1.1

Hello Walter,
    Version 1.1 (LHR11.zip) should have installed chaleng1.ace and version 1.2 (LHR12.zip) should have installed car2.s. Not sure what happened here, but I'll attach the missing files. The .s and .sd files are placed in the Shapes folder and the .ace file is placed into the Texture folder. It seems that the batch file only works about 50% of the time :( You can also use Route-Riter to remove the RAW files.

Take care,
    Rich S.

[Link Expired]