Thread: L&HR

Default L&HR

For sometime now, I've been trying to get the route L&HR to work. I have downloaded and installed everything I can find on trainsim.com and I'm still no closer to getting it to work than when I started out.

To begin with, there is a problem with the rolling stock. I've downloaded everything I can find that is recommended by the author, but I am still getting equipment shortage error messages, which I believe are AI trains and equipment that are labeled wrong, maybe. I just don't know. I cannot run the route because it tells me that there are "no activities," not even exploring, when I try to open with "Train Store." That may very well be because when I attempt to install the few activities that I've downloaded, I'm getting the message, "This package requires a route called Lehigh & Hudson River, UID L&HR" The route installed into my system was labeled "L&HR" so I changed the name to Lehigh & Hudson River. It still won't install the activities. The problem with TSUN has been corrected long ago on my computer so I don't believe it's that.

Can anyone help?

Roy
    Never mind the mule, just load the wagon.

Default RE: L&HR

I've been running this route lately, and it is a fine piece of work. The activities that I've played so far are pretty decent, too.

I suggest starting out at the beginning. I made a list of what I can find for it, since it got pretty confusing since you can't search for any one thing and get all of this. There is one more activity, that showed up yesterday or friday, that isn't on this list. Install and play each one in order, and it should work out alright.

lhr.zip L&HR Route v 1
    lhrma.zip Activities for v1
    sh1.zip Activities for v1
    lhr11.zip L&HR Route upgrade v1.1
    andloc.zip Activites for v1.1
    Fralcl1.zip Activites for v1.1
    lhr12.zip L&HR Route upgrade v1.2
    andloc3.zip Activities for v1.2
    andturn1.zip Activities for v1.2
    andturn2.zip Activities for v1.2
    fraturn.zip Activities for v1.2
    lhr jet.zip Activities for v1.2
    lhr131.zip L&HR Route upgrade v1.3
    sigfix.zip L&HR Route signal upgrade
    lhrao-4.zip Activities for v1.3
    lhr mt.zip Activities for v1.3
    lhr wy.zip Activities for v1.3
    lhr14 L&HR Route upgrade v1.4

The first few activities, for v1 and v1.1, I think just need the LHR C420 engines, some EL C424's, the accompanying cabooses, and the default US2 cars.

I think that the V1 came with an installer, and didn't require the 6 default routes, so you should be able to tell it where to install, and be ready to go.

There may be fixes for the TSunpack, but since I run the L&HR on a mini route, the unpacking utility only seems to work on the real install. So, I followed Otto Wipfel's method, and created a dummy L&HR route on my main install.

To get the dummy route to work, as far as TSunpack is concerned, you need to have the following things:

the Route folder ( LHR )
    inside that you need 6 correctly named files:
    the road database ( L&HR.rdb )
    the road interactives ( L&HR.rit )
    the track database ( L&HR.tdb )
    the track interactives ( L&HR.tit )
    the reference file ( L&HR.ref )
    the track file ( L&HR.trk )

TSunpack will also dump the CON files into the Consist folder, so you'll have to figure out what you need, and dig those out too. Otto commented that it doesn't matter what the files actually contain, that you can just make empty files with the correct filenames, but I just copy and pasted. You can still use the main install for routes, but it will complain that it can't find some of the signal files for the dummy route.

This all is basically what I did, and it works out for me. The earlier activites aren't supposed to work with the later versions, so I'm just trying to run them all, and installing the updates as I go.

As far as all the downloads for the v1.2 activities, that may take some work on your part. I like my own file and directory naming system, so as I download each piece, I rename files, and then have to update the consist and activity files. That part isn't fun, but I would suggest looking into it, as the activity builder may have their folders named differently than how the piece is unzipped.

I hope this wasn't too confusing for you.

James

Hello Roy,
    The name of the route folder should be "L&HR" . Make sure you have all the updates installed from version 1.0 thru version 1.4

Open Windows explorer and Change to the \Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\Routes\L&HR folder.

Delete all the files in the Activity folder except those with the file extension .apk

Delete all the files in the Paths folder.
    Delete all the files in the Servies folder.
    Delete all the files in the Traffic folder.

Now download the attached zip file and save it in the Acitity folder.
    Uncompress the zip then double click on the "AO-4D.apk" file and allow TSUnpack to import the activity into the route. You will get a message about the track database does not match the one installed, just click OK and if prompted overwrite any existing files. Once TSUnpack has finished, go into MSTS and try to explore the route and run the activity listed. Let me know what you find?

Take care,
    Rich S.

[Link Expired]

Ok, Rich,

I got the name changed back to L&HR. Then I did as you suggested and removed the contents of the 3 folders (I saved them, however, just in case this doesn't work. By the way, there were NO .apk files in the activity folder.

Now the problem. When I went online to download the zip file you sent, a message said that I didn't have permission to download that file. So... I went onto the TrainSim site and entered that zip number and it said that there was no such file... I tried both ways, I inserted it as a .zip and in the other space as just the number on TrainSimCom.

I'm really trying, man....

What now???

Roy

Just click on the link in the message and you'll be able to d/l the file
    Moving America one virtual train at a time.

Thanks Ken,

Nobody ever accused me of being smart... Couldn't see the forest for the trees..

I'll let you guys know how it goes down...

Roy

Rich,

Thanks for the help in getting this resolved. Armed with the information you gave me, I got the route to working. The one (1) activity that you sent worked very well, but surprised me in a couple of ways. First, it was powered by two (2) BNSF engines rather than the L&HR units I was expecting! Secondly, the activity ended abruptly before it was completed, specifically when I hooked to the two front freight cars on the Andover Interchange No. 1 track. Up to that point, it had worked flawlessly.

Now, will I be safe in installing other activities that are available, without fear of crashing the program?

Again, thanks for the help.

Roy

Hello Roy,
    You may want to print out James list from above as certain activities will only work on certain version of the route due to some track database changes that took place between version. Also some of the L&HR equipment used in the activities has errors that need to be corrected before you can run those activities. Those corrections are covered in the activities readme file. Enjoy the route :)

Take care,
    Rich S.