Thread: Bear Mountain Pass Help

Default Bear Mountain Pass Help

Hello All:

I downloaded BEAR MOUNTATIN PASS version 5 and I installed it exactly the way it advised in the README.

Upon running the route, I am getting errors such as:

File: Trains\consists\class 50. 8 carriages.com
    Service Winter Run, path "Winter Run", setup after load failed
    Failed to set up trains for simulation. Activity: Winter Run
    Service Winter Run placement at start of path of path "Winter Run" failed.

Any help would be appreciated...

Default RE: Bear Mountain Pass Help

That consist file is part of the v1.2 update, that was downloadable. It's for a English Deltic Class 50, and either the carriages that came with it, or the Scotsman carriages.

If you open the activity editor, open that activity, you can change the consist to something you have.

Or, for that matter, you can just make a new activity.

But anyway, it can't find that .Con file, and since that doesn't work, the service doesn't work either.

If you fix that consist/service/activity, then that activity will work.

James

Thanks for the help...

Would you happen to know where I can get the fix for this? I tried looking for it and came up empty.

Scott,

Do a search on the forums for the v1.2 content upgrade and you will find a couple of links. The MSTS website has the v1.2 MSTS update but not the contnet.
    Moving America one virtual train at a time.

It's a pretty simple fix, to create a consist with that name, or to change out the consist in the Service Editor window of the Activity Editor.

Actually, I went in and changed the services to the default 2xgp38 consist, which came with the default Marias Pass Route.

Open the Train Simulator folder, find the Routes Folder. Find the BMP5 folder, or whatever it's called. Unzip these two services into the Services folder. It will ask you if you want to overwrite the files, click yes.

Then you can play the Activities, with 2 GP38's.

James

ok, thanks....will give it a try and let you know...

It worked great, thank you so much. I have another question...

There seems to be an add-on to this route...I think the name is called:

"Get Outta My Way"

Is this something that simply adds to the exsisting route I have now or is this something different?

Hi Scott,

I made this activity for Bear mountain State Forest Route many moons ago. If I remember correctly there is a readme that came with that route; however, the activity lasts about half an hour, and it entails after one minute exactly that you accelerate to a certain speed and keep to that speed. What follows next I think is pretty amazing, as there will be many, many trains coming towards you that get out of the way in the nick of time, and there will be many freight trains in front of you that will get out your way in the nick of time; moreover, there is a malicious ghost train that will try to trash you inside one of the tunnels. The best way to set it up is to start the activity, and then exit after a few seconds, and then start it again: doing this seems to align the time more accurately.

EDIT: what makes this unusual activity work so well was that there were no signals in that version of the route.
    Mike :D