Thread: California Western Railroad

RedDeath Guest

Default California Western Railroad

I have heard a rumor running about my town that the California Western Railroad may in fact go bankrupt, I have no clue why nobody would be riding it, it is a fabulous train through a scenic redwood forest on a beautiful 2-8-2 Superheated Baldwin Mikado, the have covered passenger cars as well as open air no roof observation cars, she is owned by the Serria Railroad and uses Steam as well as Diesel power on her excursions, 2-3 GP9 diesel locomotives powering the same covered and non-covered train as the steam does, they also have motorcars that run the line in case you want a differant type of excursion this line runs between Fort Bragg and Willits California and stops in the middle at Northspur for the Steam engine to take on water and the passengers to strech their legs, as well as the normaly scheduled trains they have a number of special trains as well... this line and its locomotives is a MUST for msts and I cant do it by myself, the only thing I can do is get the imformation and pictures since I live in one of the two towns it runs in.. I am on my knees, I will not stand for this line to just up and die, ever since they stopped freight service (I dont think it was by choice) they have never made enough money) who knows how much longer that the Skunk will run, help us out, you wont regret visiting the site, or downloading some of my pictures of the diesels that I have posted on trainsim.com (just search for skunk and they will come up)help me, I am on my knees!!!!

3D models will be required for the Superheated Baldwin 2-8-2 Mikado

RedDeath Guest

Default RE: California Western Railroad

e-mail me for more info or comments on my pictures

[email protected]

From what I have read the Sierra Railroad bought it. Months ago and were suposedly restoring the Service.Last time I was in Fort Brag it did look as if there was no activity though.

RedDeath Guest

Well, it also depends on how long ago you were in fort bragg because the train service has been put away until april

Last August, was a rather nice day for Fort Bragg.