Thread: Forest tree placement and modification guidence needed

Default Forest tree placement and modification guidence needed

Hello, Everybody

I have, layed tracks, placed houses, shop etc, now could you please guide me how to place forest trees, how far should it be from track? and how i can cover more places, i don't know how excatly it is said , In Route Editor when i select forest trees from track side objects and when i place a tree there is a red colored wire frame inside there is 1 tree and 3 green box, could anybody guide me how to use it in a proper way, or some links regarding this topic.

regards

vinu

Default RE: Forest tree placement and modification guidence needed

Vinu,

You should probably ask this question in the Route Design Forum.

PaulS

Default RE: Forest tree placement and modification guidance needed

Vinu, can't help with the "visual" placement of them since that is personal taste and what you are trying to achieve.

As far as the mechanics of them, press F2, left click on one of the 4 peripheral green boxes, then F3 and once again click/drag it inward or outward to make the area larger or smaller. Once finished, press F2, click somewhere outside of the green box and that is it. btw, I usually hold down the "h" key while doing it to keep it level with the ground.

The center green box is handled the same way except it moves and or rotates (if you use F4 along with the keypad arrows) the entire forest box so you can move it to another location keeping the box area the same size.

RobertR
    ADF-M&RM
    Cascade & North Western at http://www.vcnwrr.com/

Long time since i did anything in RE, but i believe if you select the centre box and right click it to get the properties up, you can change the density ( how many trees appear ) of the forest object. ;)

Mike.

Hello,

Thanks for the guidence.

regards

vinu