Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question About Installing GN Hi Line Route

Default Question About Installing GN Hi Line Route

I'm getting the error message "bad Zip File offset. Local header signature not found" when I try to run the "GN Hiline 3.zip " file to start installing this route. Tried another download of this file but get the same result. Appreciate any thoughts.

James

Default RE: Question About Installing GN Hi Line Route

Hallo!
    After my unzipping tool integrated in my file manager had refused to unpack the file I had a try with WinRar and it worked.

Keep on steamin'!
    Dietmar

I keep getting the message that the file was corrupt.
    I only got this message on the .exe file. The other files unzipped just fine.
    I tried to use Route Riter to unzip the file, but I kept getting an error message there also.
    I feel like it is something I'm doing wromg, but I don't know what.

Jim

The installation works like a spanned zipfile.That means that you have to unzip all files with the .z01 untill .z05 extension to a temporary place (you have to put them all in the same place!!!!). When in the first file another zipfile is packed, you also have to unzip that file, and put that other zipfile in the same place as the .z0.. files. Than you can unzip the first file also, and it will extract the files from the .z0.. files. With "browse you can decide where you want to install it!!! Good luck.

VINCENT

Hi folks. I have two computers .One is about 6 months old with a duel core processer and xp as an os. I had the same problem as above trying to get the exe to run which kept telling me that it was corupt.Route riter said the same thing. So a I was about to give up when I decided to give my old machine a try and lo and behold the exe ran fine ,burnt it to a disc and transplanted on the new machine and it works fine. The only diference between the two machines is the old one has 2000 pro. I have no idea why the xp machine wouldn't run the exe.Greg

I contacted the author and advised that it does not download into Routes properly, I used Win Rar as suggested by him, still does not work so I dumped it.

Sorry everybody for the trouble! I also received a few emails regarding this very problem. Actually, it leaves me quite puzzled.

Here is what really should do the trick:

1.) put all downloaded files into ONE folder and extract them there. All of the extracted files must be in the SAME folder after that.

2.) use a up-to-date version of either WinRAR or WinZIP to extract the newly created archive - it is actually one archive spanned over several files. That means, you only have to extract the file with the .ZIP extension - the z01, z02, etc. will be unpacked automatically.

3.) Now, you SHOULD be able to simply RUN the executable (double click). It is actually another archive, created with Route Riter's UHARC compression tool, which allows a much better compression rate.

If this fails, I really do not know what to do. Maybe I can upload another version, packed only with zip - but this will likely be way over 400 MB. Guess not too good for the servers.

Sorry again! If anybody can shed any light on this issue, please please please do so! I am really at the end of my wisdom on this.

Michael

Hallo!
    I've repeated the unzipping procedure to find out what I did before. Trying it that way could lead to success (it worked for me.).
    1) Create a folder and unzip files gnhi_3_2 to 3_6 to it.
    2) Unzip 3_1 to the same folder. There'll be a GNhilin3.zip file. These two steps worked with my normal unzipping tool.
    3) Then I unzipped GNHilin3.zip with WinRar (the other tool didn't work!) to the same folder.
    After that action there was a folder DISTRI~1 with the file GN_Hi-Line.exe in it. A double click on the exe started the unpacking of all the spanned files. In the end there was the complete route that I could cut and paste into my routes folder.
    Hope you're successful this time.

Keep on steamin'!
    Dietmar

Michael
    I finally got everything unzipped. I installed the route and ran the installme.bat.
    Tried to run the route and found some errors. I went back and ran it through route riter and this is what I found.
    Transfer Snow file Missouri_patch1.ace was missing, the summer texture has been used instead
    Missing texture file coaltower_1.ace referred by coaltower.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\coaltower_1.ace referred by coaltower.s was not found in your Default routes.
    D:\Train Simulator\Routes\GN_Hi-Line\shapes\Cont_Tower.sd ESD was changed following your instruction to 257
    Cont_Tower.sd has an ESD of 256 - This has a bug in it and will cause an error if the route is run in the snow
    It is recommended you include a snow texture and change the ESD to 257 to avoid this problem
    Cont_Tower.sd has an ESD of 256 - This has a bug in it and will cause an error if the route is run in the snow
    It is recommended you include a snow texture and change the ESD to 257 to avoid this problem
    Texture file autumn\US2Firs2.ace was missing from your route, an alternative was used instead - D:\Train Simulator\Routes\atsfrp2\Textures\autumn\US2Firs2. ace
    Texture file spring\US2Firs2.ace was missing from your route, an alternative was used instead - D:\Train Simulator\Routes\atsfrp2\Textures\spring\US2Firs2. ace
    The only thing I changed (and that was after this Route Riter report was to change the name coaltower1.ace to coaltower_1.ace.
    After that I got the route to start up but it locked up immediately.
    I still think that it's me doing something wrong but I don't know what.

Jim

Thanks for the list. So, I missed some things - again! :-(

Did you drop the included consist file (GP38 single.con) into the MSTS\train\consists folder? Being missing it might cause the game to freeze. Don't know, just an idea.

Also maybe check your NewRoads and XTracks installs. Basically, the most recent versions are required (NR 3.2, XT3.18). Even if you do have them, sometimes it seems to work wonders to simply re-install them.

Hope it helps...
    Michael