Thread: London & Port Stanley route...

Default London & Port Stanley route...

Hi folks!
    I got around to reinstalling the London @ Port Stanley route yesterday and all worked fine until today.
    The problem I am having is that the brakes on the default electric locos don't respond at all to the keyboard input. The throttle also seems to "lag" when I press the "D" key. By that I mean I have to press the key and hold it before it responds. Sometimes I have to press the key twice before it shows any signs of working. But the brakes don't work at all. In fact, the brakes are released when I start the simulator. All of this is in Explorer mode as I havn't tried any actvities.

Anyone know what could have possibly happened?

Richard

Default RE: London & Port Stanley route...

Hello Richard,
    I have the L&PS and have not had this problem. Check your keyboard mapping to make sure it's still set at the default. Also check your advanced display settings and move the Visibility slider back to 500. If it's not these, then I'm not sure what the problem could be?

Take care,
    Rich S.

I checked the keyboard mapping and all is fine. For the heck of it, I opned up MSTS and started ADFRR with the default GP 38 and when the activity started, the brakes were releasing and once again, no response to the default assigned keys. The default settings on the display are all set also.

It seems that everytime I get MSTS to the point where I like it, it screws up and I have to uninstall and reload everything.

Thanks for the info.

Go to the MSTS Options screen and make sure the Simple Controls box is not checked. If it is checked, uncheck it.

John

"BNSFLADY"
    CYNDI RICHARDS
    You will always
    be here with us.

It's not checked! Doesn't matter now as I have uninstalled MSTS along with the L&P route. I am taking a break from MSTS but not this forum.
    You guys are a wealth of information!

Myabe one day when the urge hits me I will reinstall everything but for now I'm leaving it alone.

Judging from a lot of posts on this forum, it seems almost everyone has problems when they "alter" the original version of MSTS in some way.

I won't stay away from this forum because the more I come here, the more I learn and just maybe when I get around to installing everything again, I'll be better armed to combat the error messages and the little problems the program has because of the "bloat" I add!

Richard