Thread: installme.bat file help

Default installme.bat file help

I am still new to MSTS, i have just been playing on the original routes. Until now, i tried to download my first route from the file library. It is the flfunnel route.
    i had downloaded it to a temp file. I have read the READ ME file.

Unzip to a temporary directory. Move the FLFunnel folder to your MSTS Routes directory. After you have done this, open the folder, double-click on the installme.bat icon and wait for the DOS box to finish. Then start Train Simulator. When buffers are generated, run the "Meet the Funnel" activity (all default equipment and consists) or another Explore Route choice.

I could not find a installme.bat file. the only file i found was close to it was Installme MS-DOS batch file. I ran this file. Copied it and pasted to my routes file. I did this like 3 times. I went to launch MSTS, but it was no where to be found.

I did do a search on installme.bat file, went through like 8 pages, and couldn't find anything to help me with.

My next thing is to e-mail the creator of the file.
    But if i can please get some help here, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    CAS

Default RE: installme.bat file help

Hi Cliff,

The installme file you found in the FLFunnel folder is the one you are looking for. You probably are using the default folder setting that don't display file extensions for known file types. The installme.bat file is an MS-DOS batch file. These files have the extension .bat which Windows recognizes so it doesn't display the extension. After moving the FLFunnel folder to your routes folder double-click this file it will copy from the original files that came with the sim (you must have the original routes installed for this to work correctly) files that are needed to use the funnel route. When the batch file is running a window opens and displays the files that are being copied.

After this file finishes you should be able the start the sim and use the route.

Regards,

Eric

I hit the install, moved FLFunnel folder to the routes folder.

Okay, thanks Eric. It is working now.

Really appreciate your help.

CAS

Went to run the Meet the FLFunnel, and explore. I kept getting this message.

Train world intialization failed.

CAS

You need to run the installme after you move FLFunnel folder to the routes folder.

Regards,

Eric

that did the trick.

Thanks alot Eric.

CAS