Thread: PO&N 9 and 10

Default PO&N 9 and 10

I have PO&N 8, 9, and 10 installed. All have worked as they should. Recently 9 and 10 work only in the Explore Route Mode, but when I attempt to run any activities, the screen freezes about 20% into "Setting up the Simulation". Ctrl-Alt-Del shows that Train Sim is "not responding".

I have run Conbuilder and Route-Riter and all show error free results. The activities work properly in MSTS Editor.

Has anyone else encountered this or can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Bob

Default RE: PO&N 9 and 10

Hi Bob,

could be that you are getting close to the memory limit of your MSTS copy. Activities need some more - memory hungry - files to run than simple explore session, such as all the loose cuts, the AI trains, their service and traffic files etc. So the first instance to see MSTS hanging or freezing when memory gets tight is in activities.

If this is indeed the case you should either

a) run TrainStore to hide unused equipment, consists, routes, and activities, which frees up a lot of memory and also allows the sim to load much faster, or

b) break up a single copy of MSTS into several mini-installs, each of which focuses on some theme or era: E.g. an "MSTS Narrow Gauge" install for all NG routes, an "MSTS World" install for all foreign routes and equipment, an "MSTS Payware" install for all your payware routes and equipment etc., or

c) use the latest MSTS bin and check all options to optimize memory and sound management. That also helps, if your system is powerful enough to give MSTS more RAM.

Lukas a.k.a Swissie

Thanks Lukas.

I use Train Store but even with every other route stored, 9 or 10 won't run in Activity Mode. No problem with activities in any of my other routes - they all run as they should.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Bob

I'm having a problem with an activity on the PO&N ver10. It's the Belton 0800 activity. I get a broken coupler error at the same place on the track at the same place in the consist.

Can anyone tell me what to look for to correct this?