Thread: RFP2

Default RFP2

Hi, I recently downloaded the csx-rfp route and think I have installed properly in route folder as csx-rfp. I ran the batch file and moved the consists to the consists file but route will not run or show up in MSTS. In route editior it says it cannot read the track database. Where do I go from here?

Default RE: RFP2

Do you have Xtracks and Newroads installed (at least the minumum version that is demanded by the routes readme or later)????

VINCENT

No I don't. i need this? Where do I find this?

Yes this route (and most freeware routes worldwide) require Xtracks of the latest version and sometimes also Newroads. Both files ar there for download on most big sites including this one!!!! For Xtracks you only need the user version.

VINCENT

ok, what is this for, what does it do?

Xtracks add the track pieces to your Global map of MSTS which are not standard (default) in your MSTS installation. Than MSTS can recognize the trackpieces that are not default and used by the routebuilder in his route (for example Xtracks contains trackpieces with a different length than the default ones, it adds cross switches, etc.). Newroads does a similar thing but than for roadpieces.

Without those programms MSTS can not recognize the non default tracks and roads used in the route!!!!! And than you get messages as "Train world inilazation failed" or "Cannot load Track Database" or you get the annoying "Send/Don't Send" messages.

VINCENT

Ok, loaded said programs and all works great. thanks for the info. Still learning the ropes. I hava noticed on some actvities switches don't seem to work. Any fix I can do?

USRailFan Guest

Isn't the route folder supposed to be RFP2 ? That's where I put mine anyway, and have had no problems.

Are they passenger activities? I think I read that automatic switches cannot be thrown in passenger activities, only manual switches. In freight activities you can throw all switches. At least that's what I recall. I believe I used automatic switches on the mainline and manual in sidings and yards, but it's been a couple of years since I finished the route.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA
    www.stevedunham.50megs.com