Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some help please. Marias Pass 4

Default Need some help please. Marias Pass 4

Has anyone gotten the GN Hiline Route 3.1 (Marias Pass 4) to work, and if so, how did you do it? It won't extract the .exe file for me, and apparently Michael doesn't answer emails.

Thanks.

Default RE: Need some help please. Marias Pass 4

Unzip the EXE file to a temp folder, together with the 5x .z files ( all must be together ). Run the exe file after pointing it at your msts install folder and it will automatically decompress all the files.

If i remember correctly there is a .bat file to run after, to complete the full install.

After that unzip the v3.1 update to your msts\ROUTES folder and it will auto install to GN Hi-Line folder, allow any overwriting of files.

I know how to install NORMAL ones... but this one won't extract the EXE. I get some error that says "insert Disk something or other in drive D:"

all the other files extracted fine, but the zip with the exe in it won't open - like it has a password or something.

THis is what I get:

The instructions for installing are as follows. From each zipfile, extract the file with the name of GNHiLine3 into a temporary location. I made a desktop folder and called it HiLine.

If you do this right you end up with 6 files. GNHiLine3.z01, z02, z03, z04, z05 and a zip. Extract the exe from the zip and you will have a folder called DISTRI~1. This is where the exe file now is. Open that folder and run the exe from there. It will create another folder called GN_Hi-Line and extract all it needs from the other 5 files and create the basic route. You then move the route folder into your Train Simulator/Routes folder, and then run the Installme.bat

Once you have the route running you can delete the temporary folder.

Beer is not a matter of life and death. It is much more serious than that.
    mervyn.

To stress what the others have said, but what - judging from your screenshot - is still amiss:

You need to unzip all six gnhi_3_x.zip files you downloaded into one and the same location. You'll end up with the .exe file and five more spanned zip files (.z0x) in the same folder. The error message you get is the result of the remaining parts of the spanned file missing, and the .exe thus cannot find the remaining five files to unzip.

Lukas a.k.a Swissie

Well, that pic just doesn't show it behind that screen - but all six other files are extracted and in the same temp directory as the one I'm trying to extract. I can't get the DIST~1 folder out because I get that same error no matter which way I try to go. So after unzipping all siz, I ended up with the 6 other .z0x files and the zip file that contains the exe, and I'm stuck right there.

I'll just toss it and forget it.

He created the file as a spanned Zip file, and no matter what I try to do, it wants that disk 1 inserted in drive D: (which is my hard drive), so it won't work.

Thanks anyway.

I installed it after reading your cry for help, yesterday.

My bad, you DO NOT extract the EXE file, only the zip, inside GNHI_1.zip or whatever the first downloaded zip is called.

Put that in a temp folder with the 5x .z files and double clicjk on that zip. It will then extract the lot to a 300+mb .exe file, which is what you install the route from.

Sounds more complicated than it is, as i am useless at writing down instructions. :-)

Screenie to show you it does work. ;-)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Brunel/GN1.jpg

Mike.

Very nice.

Didn't work for me though. Maybe because I have a D drive. Don't know, but I gave up.

Best of luck.