Thread: lehigh valley route questions

Default lehigh valley route questions

hey guys i'm fairly new to all this. i just downloaded the lehigh valley route and when i go to run it i keep getting missing textures and shapes. i ran installme, installed new roads, installed x-tracks. only thing i can think of is that i dont have all routes installed on msts. i only have the u.s. routes. is this what is causing my missing ace and s files? does it need the textures and shapes from all the routes? or am i missing something else? thanks for any help!

Default RE: lehigh valley route questions

That is a very likely cause of the errors. Most freeware routes use some files from all the default routes. Check the installation instructions for the route - it might tell you about the need to have all default routes installed.

alright, thank you. is there anyway i can get all the textures and shapes from the other default routes without reinstalling msts? would i be able to find them in the file library. i really dont want to reinstall because i dont have my disks with me at school here... or else i'd just go ahead and do that already. thanks!

If you had them conveniently saved somewhere, then no, you won't have to reinstall the routes.

If not, well...

No one ever uploaded them because, well, we all already had them.

James

Temporarily rename your Train Simulator folder to something else, like X-Train Simulator. Install TS from the discs. Your Microsoft Games folder will now have Train Simulator & X-Train Simulator folders. Open the new Train Simulator folder, then open the ROUTES folder. Copy the missing routes to the same location in the X-Train Simulator folder. Run the installme bat to copy over the missing files. Delete the new Train Simulator folder and rename X-Train Simulator to Train Simulator.

Before you delete the TS folder, Route Riter has a utility that will create a common folder containing the needed files from the default routes for future route add ons.

John

"BNSFLADY"
    CYNDI RICHARDS
    You will always
    be here with us.

thank you guys for the suggestions. reason i didnt want to reinstall is because i dont have the discs with me right now. i'm at school and forgot to bring the discs with me when i brought my computer back from christmas break. i'll wait till i go home next time to get the discs and then i'll take care of my problem.

unless of course...someone is willing to send me the textures and shapes from all default routes (except marrias pass and NEC)? :)

thanks!

>unless of course...someone is willing to send me the textures
    >and shapes from all default routes (except marrias pass and
    >NEC)?

Not likely, the Shapes & Textures for Japan1 alone are 80mb.

John

"BNSFLADY"
    CYNDI RICHARDS
    You will always
    be here with us.

haha aight... thanks anyway. i'll just wait till i go home next.