Thread: San Diego and Arizona Eastern

Default San Diego and Arizona Eastern

I prefer to see SP diesels leading. So this is where my question begins. What kind of consists would be prototypical given the real railroad, but using this as a secondary SP line bypass from San Diego to the (Sunset or Golden State?) via Niland. I am assuming sheetrock and stuff like that from Plaster City, but the majority. I looked at the line from running from El Centro to Niland on google earth and it looks interesting with the fields. El Centro to Mexicali was also looked at. Anyone familiar and willing to give me a rundown? My e-mail is phillips8286 at sbcglobal dot com. Appreciate it.

Kenny

Default RE: San Diego and Arizona Eastern

Are you referring to the freeware line for the San Diego and Arizona Eastern that is available from the file library?

If so, I have that route installed. And that line is modeled with the era of an earlier time of when steamers were still a common sight on most railroads.

Edwin

Yes. I am starting to understand more about logustics and traffic flow. I have worked for the railroad since 99 and have taken many years to observe but not really understand the how's and why's of movement. I've learned that lack of lengthy sidings don't necessarily mean smaller trains. The perfect example being this route. I plan on developing a plan that includes two pairs of trains each way and a local. I don't have enough information yet for prototypical operation, so that way I can at least have something. Train lengths being between 50 and 88 cars.

If you've manage to download the route already, there should be activities that come with the route. If you stick with the way the train sets are given on those simple activities then you should be able to at least see much of the entire route.

It's not a very long line, one warning is be careful on the end of the line where it ends in a tunnel. You may not know you are reaching the end if you're not familiar with the route that was made.

I think you should try sticking with train lengths shorter than 50 cars as the mountain pass is difficult to get around with such an extremely heavy load as that. Don't try to use lengthy cars like the automobile carriers on your train set. It makes for a difficult run on those sharp curves on the mountainous part of the route.

Below are pictures I posted several months ago in the screenshot forum.

Edwin