Thread: help

Default help

how do I add a train in the Explore Route? I don't want my Explore Route to get boring with just seeing my train. plus crashing trins would be more fun!

USRailFan Guest

Default RE: help

You don't. And crashing trains is not fun, it is idiotic.

Agreed. Train Simulator is supposed to be realistic. Why would you crash trains??

Philadelphia, PA, USA off at Overbrook Train station

create an activity and place a train consist in front of the train start point!

Back on the topic: You cannot add AI trains in explore mode - otherwise it wouldn't work. The idea of explore mode is to have the route for yourself, allowing you to throw any switch and take any path.

If you want to see AI traffic you need to run an activity which has predefined AI pathes & services arranged in a traffic file. Once you are in activity mode, your player path sets the switches and signals for you (only exception: manual switches can be thrown at will and at your own risk).

As far as crashes are concerned: Guys, let's not try to be more innocent than the pope. I am certain that every single one here on this forum has at least once run a train into an obstacle, off the end of the line or whatever, just to see what happens. Luckily the effect gets old quickly: Forced switch to derail camera, five or six seconds to see a few unrealistically tumbling shape files, then the "activity ended - train derailed" screen. I say luckily because the "crash nuts" go quickly back to playing racing games with their crash orgies on some virtual highways.

Agreed, real-world train crashes are far from fun, mostly because almost every single one is lethal.

Lukas a.k.a Swissie

Crashing trains was only funny when Gomez Adams did it.

There are plenty of crashes on youtube. Just search for msts.