Thread: Any help with the consists in Newark & Jersey City 1.5?

Default Any help with the consists in Newark & Jersey City 1.5?

I have had this route for awhile, but I have gotten into the activites part lately. I have gotten all the additional files from the f/l, but a bit of a problem I am having is in the consists area. I have no problem creating consists, but I dont know which cars to include. I have read the instructions many times, but I just can't figure out what cars to include. Any help will as always be GREATLY appreicated. Thanks, Charles.

Default RE: Any help with the consists in Newark & Jersey City 1.5?

What are the names of the activities?

James

LV-1,LV-2, I beleive are the 2 I need. Thanks.

Did you already download everything listed in the Readme file? That file is in the main route folder, and near the bottom has a list of the required files for the included activities.

James

Thanks James for your help with this. Here is a list of all the files I d/l...
    48-40pk2.zip 48ft tankers 40-in-1 pack
    cnjcoa11.zip CNJ coaches
    cnj-tm.zip CNJ H-24-66 #2401
    eastbx1.zip East coast 40ft box car pack1
    ec40ftp2.zip East coast 40ft box car pack2
    el40ftbs.zip EL 40ft box car pack
    us2ftx.zip 50 Foot Box Cars Pack 2
    elflats2.zip Erie Lackawanna Flat Cars (with loads)
    gon14in1.zip Gondolas With Various Loads
    hbseqp.zip HBS equipment (contains the box cabs and two cars)
    lv305.zip LV GP18 #305
    pcgp9.zip Penn Central GP9 #7048
    coilgon5.zip Coil loaded gondolas
    pcsw1500.zip Penn Central SW1500 #9582

As far as the activities go, when I start the LV-1 act., I should already have a certain amount of cars already lashed up to my engine. I made my own consists up just to get everything working, but I'm sure I dont have the right cars needed for this act. The route itself didnt come with any consists, it tells you how to make and name your own consists, but I dont know which type of car I need to add. Thanks, Charles.

My route came with consists.

After the exe ran, it gave me with a Routes folder tree for the actual route, and a Trains folder tree with the consists.

James

Well... I feel kinda stupid now. I just ran the .exe again, and guess what I find, hehe, the consists files. I sure dont know what happened the first time I ran the .exe. This route has been installed for a while on my computer. But hey, you got me fixed up, Thanks a Ton James!
    Charles

I've got a different kind of problem with the NJC. Actually, MY installation works fine, but I sent a copy of mine to a friend who does not use an internet connection for downloads.

So HIS installation craters, but not mine, even though the two installations are identical (or so I thought).

HIS installation reports problems with two shape files: A2t75m7.s and carfloat1.s as he works one of the many piers along the route. He's telling me about these errors over the phone, but I assume that the game couldn't find the s or sd files. I figured to copy these files (and their sd counterparts) from my system to his, and solve the missing file problem easily.

Guess what? MY system doesn't have these files either--searched all over the GLOBAL/SHAPES folder and elsewhere on C: and can't find anything like them. So why does my installation work and his not?

My system is Vista, and all graphics sliders are at maximum. His system is a Win98 gaming machine.

Do these files really exist? Do I need them, even though I am not getting errors popping up? Are they unique to NJC or are they part of NewRoads or similar? Is there a way to get them WITHOUT reinstalling the route?

By the way, the route is TONS of fun--really easy to get lost in.

Wayne

It's part of Xtracks. Be sure to send him that download, as well as New roads, in order to minimize problems like this.

You couldn't find those two files, because it's actually 1 file: a2t75m7carfloat1.s . It's in the Global/Shapes folder.

'a' textures, 2 tracks, 75 meters long, on Teemu Saukkonen's Carfloat #1.

That shape is the actual carfloat shape, with two tracks on it.

James

Inflammable:
    Thanks for the correction. My erroneous post is what happens when I keyboard without doing my research. I was listening to friend Bob in a phone conversation, and thought he was describing two files (which, as you note, cannot and should not be found). The "missing" file has now been taken care of, and Bob's NJC is working nicely.
    Wayne