Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NS Pocahontas/East River District

Default NS Pocahontas/East River District

I was wondering if there was a plan to extend the East River District in some way to Roanoke, and the Pocahontas to Kenova or Portsmouth (ohio) and include some more of the line from Walton to Bristol, if not all the way to Bristol, so we can run accurate crew districts and not just portions of the routes? and if the extension to Roanoke is made, is there plans to model in the Whitehorn side too? Thanks guys for help.

Default RE: NS Pocahontas/East River District

Yes, I do plan on making a East River version 2, extending the line further east to Roanoke. How much of Roanoke I will do I will tackle when I get there, and yes the former VGN line will also be extended to where it meets back up at Salem. Also planed for the East River 2 will be new scenery, and revised scenery. That route being my first, I now look back and realise it could be been ALOT better.

Someday here soon I will begin work on this...

[font color="black" size="4" face="face"] NS4Life [/font]

www.blueridgerails.com

stephenburr Guest

Austin, maybe at some future date you might consider an East River version 3, extending the VGN line from Princeton all the way to Deepwater WV. There was a lot of mine action on that line in the old days. I like the idea of extending to Roanoke however, it's quite a railroad town.

I think we all could do better rehashing our first routes, I know for sure that a rehash of my KP and BR subdivisions would be a lot better. For one thing, I was using topozone and writing down the coordinates for things. Then UsaPhotomaps came out and digitizing centerlines became a lot easier.

I think the East River district and the Pokey were excellent routes, very well done. Having rode over those areas on the Southern geometry car in 1972, and having taken a lot of slides, I could instantly recognise many features - along the main lines of course, we didn't get onto any of the branches.

One thing that improves any route is the great collection of trees and treelines that Mike Sinclair has in the library. These were all done with very sharp photographs taken at various horticultural gardens in the London England area. HOwever, many of those trees are either the same as our varieties or in many cases ARE our varieties.

Jerry Sullivan

and also rename the route from "East River" to "New River" so it's correct, thats the biggest issue I got with the route!

Ho--you can do that yourself. Just change the name in the .trk file!

PaulS

Then I have to come up and edit the load.ace too..... grr if Austin just did it right from the beginning...... oh well....

Let me explain why the route's name is East River...

On my first real attempt to create a route I choose a secion I knew very well, the part of NS's VA Division between Glen Lyn and Bluefield VW. That section is refered to as the "East River". Named for the creek that runs up the valley off of the New River, so it's not wrong. And I remember NS refering to that section as the East River.

As for the Deepwater line...well that is a whole new route in it's self. I've been to Deepwater and some of the line to Princeton, and it would be a neat line to do. So yes it is on the list of routes to do...when ever I get there.

[font color="black" size="4" face="face"] NS4Life [/font]

www.blueridgerails.com

Let me quote Ron White: BULL-------------!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From W.B. at the west end of Roanoke to Bluefield is all NEW RIVER, botht eh N&W and VGN sides, sorry if your such a punk you CANNOT UNDERSTAND THAT! and damn right I'm ticked, the NS Dispatcher is the NS NEW RIVER DISPATCHER, and Shanendoah takes over at Walton to Bristol! GET IT THROUGH YOUR _____ HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Then I have to come up and edit the load.ace too..... grr if
    >Austin just did it right from the beginning...... oh well....

I'll be waiting on your brand new improved version of the "NS New River District" Trey. Being the master route builder you apparently are, it should be done in a week or so.. right?