Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Route Recomendation

Default Good Route Recomendation

I am new to MSTS and see lots of routes out west. Can anyone recommend a route out east? New England Would be great, anything would do.

Thanks Lonnie

Default RE: Good Route Recomendation

Pocahontas and East River Districts (NS) by Austin Yoder are available in the file library. They are as good as it gets, freeware or payware. Payware, try MLT's Bridge Line (D&H-CPRS). It is a bit dated, but is still pretty good.

Hi Lonnie,

Richard Shirey's Lehigh & Hudson River is great, and it's free! Mainline running, yard and road switching, Alco power, and interchanging with the PRR, NYS&W, DL&W, ERIE, and NH. Richard is alsow working on the DL&W's Sussex branch the the L&HR used in a run through arrangement with the DL&W.

Paul :-)

I second Paul's recommendation for the Lehigh & Hudson River.

Be sure to get all the upgrades, though apply them in phases in order to play all of the activities that are available. Some early activities won't work on the later upgrades.

I enjoyed Paul's activities, even after the week it took me to download and install the rolling stock for them. The whole thing is worth it.

James

Let's not forget the Cape Cod-Bay Colony Route.
    Go to the File Library & click on file search, in the pull down menu select Routes. In the text field type Cape Cod. That Will bring up all the files for that route including the fix file.
    Have fun.

Mike
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...ke1/PELogo.gif
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17.../sylvester.gif
    This smile says it all

Default RE: Good Route Recommendation

I third, forth and fifth Paul's recommendation!! I love the route and besides the activities available for the route there is also an activity template available for Steve Davis' Activity Generator program, thus giving unlimited activities. Gaetan Belanger has also done a set of Alco power for the route.

Paul

Thanks guys for all the kind words about the Lehigh & Hudson River Railway :) I'm still making progress on the DL&W Sussex Branch, but unfortunately I've also been putting in a lot of over time at my job so progress is a little slow. I'll try to keep everyone updated with screen shots of my progress in the Screen Shot forum :)

Take care,
    Rich S.

Don't you hate it when real life gets in the way? :+

RGF

Thanks for all the recommendations. I am trying to get Richard Shirey's Lehigh & Hudson River, but all I can find is the lhr.zip but not the lhr14 or the latest version. I have tried various serches to no avail. Does anyone have a link?
    Thanks
    Lonnie

Hi Lonnie,

Just do a search for "L&HR" and 48 files will come up including the route and up to v1,4 plus the signals update you'll need.

Paul :-)