Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unpackageing activities

Default Unpackageing activities

I've run into a problem when downloading activities. I cannot get the .apk activity files to convert and load into the routes as .act's. I've unzipped them to temporary files and double clicked them. I've dragged them and dropped them onto the TSUNPAK.exe. I've coppied the TSUNPAK.exe file into the activities directory of the route. I've extracted them to the route activity directory. The error message I get every time is "This package requires a route called Rollins Pass,UID Rollins Pass etc." It doesn't seem to matter which route just change the name to which ever route I want. I've gone to the Train-Sim MSTS FAQ section and in section 6.7 (I think that's the one for XP) and changed the File Type as directed. I've got a ton of activities I want to start using but can't get them to go. I have no trouble loading the necessary locomotives and rolling stock and using them in the Explore Route of each route. The out and out purchased routes like Cascade Crossing, etc. are no problem. Just the downloaded ones from TrainSim.com. Thanks for any help you can give.

Desperado

Default RE: Unpackageing activities

Michael,

There was a bug in the tsunpk code.
    If you go to the file library & select search. Then enter this in the file name field. tsunpack.zip
    Download to a temp folder & double left click on the tsun-fix icon it will correct the bug.
    You should then be able to unpack the apk. files from your temp folder.

Mike
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...ke1/PELogo.gif
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17.../sylvester.gif
    This smile says it all

Mike,

I've already tried that and it says the bug is already fixed. Thanks anyway.

Desperado

Do you use miniroutes, or just a single installation?

James

James,

I have the London & Port Stanley route on as a seperate TS route load. All the rest are in TrainStore. I guess I could remove L&PS, I haven't looked at it in a long time anyway. Do you think that would cause a conflict?

Desperado

No, I can't imagine the L&PS being the problem; it doesn't cause any for me nor for anyone I can remember complaining.

It all goes back to the bug in unpacking routine, but I don't know why the fix didn't work for you. It's been so long I can't remember, but is it possible you didn't install it correctly?

PaulS

The other mini route, regardless of how well it works, won't affect the main install.

Using TrainStore affects a lot of things, but I don't know what all it does, since I don't use it. Someone else can direct you from there.

James

LP&S being a mini route would not have any effect on the main TS folders when unpacking an activity. Looking at your messages, I see you are using Train Store. Are you unstoring the route before unpacking the activity?

Beer is not a matter of life and death. It is much more serious than that.
    mervyn.

Baldwin,

I will have to watch TrainStore more closely from now on. I unstored all and the unpacker worked fine. I don't remember storing anything though so I'll have to watch the heading and make sure it says everything unstored. Thank you for your suggestion. I have gone ahead and unpackaged all my activities. Now I have to make sure I have all the rolling stock to make them work. Again Thanks much.

Desperado

You don't have to unstore everything, just the one route that the activity is for. Then store the activity, and then unstore it immediately. Train Store will then tell you what equipment you are missing in order to be able to run the activity.