Thread: I'm having a problem with the Crescent-Potash route

Default I'm having a problem with the Crescent-Potash route

Whenever I go to select the route on my list of routes, my sim freezes. I need to Control Alt Delete to get out of it. I installed the installme.bat file included, but the route folder in the correct directory, I don't know what's going on. I have Xtracks, and it says it can only run it in summer but I know that's not the problem because the sim freezes before I can set up the details.

Anyone else have this problem, and if so, how did you fix it if you did? Help would be greatly appreciated.

potash.zip is the file name.

Default RE: I'm having a problem with the Crescent-Potash route

I never had any problems with that one. It is nice, too. Is it a new install? Have you added any activities lately?

I tend to check the activities when it freezes when I click on a route. Do you have many activities for it?

James

>I never had any problems with that one. It is nice, too. Is
    >it a new install? Have you added any activities lately?
    >
    >I tend to check the activities when it freezes when I click on
    >a route. Do you have many activities for it?
    >
    >James

There were only 2 activities that came with it, both using only default rolling stock. I haven't added any either. And I just installed it yesterday.

Make sure that you have the following default consists in your Consists folder:
    Kiha31
    3 x SD40-2, 50 mixed
    2 x Dash 9, 20 Intermodal

They weren't included with the activities (no reason that they would have been), and like the kiha31, if you don't run that japanese route, it's easy for it to get lost.

A missing Consist or Service can give that symptom, and be a pain to find.

If that isn't the problem, then let me know.

James

That's not it, it's when the sim first starts, I click on "Drive a Train", and when I go to click on the name of the route to bring it up, the sim freezes. I couldn't even get to the list of activities.

Have you checked the route installation with Route-Riter to ensure that it installed properly and completely? (Or did I miss that in your previous messages?) That would be my first step. Then check the activities using the same utility.

Where Standard Gauge is 3 feet between the rails.

OK, that's a common error, it has to do with a missing .ace file that is supposed to display when the route loads. It's named whatever the route name is, for instance" "usa2.ace" for Marias Pass. IF you can't find the file, just rename one from a different route, such as usa2.ace to match all of the files in the folder. For instance, if there is a "XYZRAIL.ref" file, you should have a "XYZRAIL.ace" file.

Hope that helps!

Robert