Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing Saluda

Default Installing Saluda

Now that the ScaleRoads beta has been reposted at 3DTrains.com (3DTrains Forums ->3DTrains Products ->Product Downloads ->ScaleRail...free registration required for access), there should be no more missing file messages. If there are, you probably did not follow the download directions from 3DTrains. My readme apparently directs people to point the textures installers to the Saluda textures folder. This is incorrect...the installers should point to the Saluda route folder, and they will put the texture files in the right place. Please note that ScaleRail requires at least three downloads...don't forget the common textures AND picking the tie and ballast color download of your choice (wood, light grey matches the prototype best).

If you gave up on installing because files were not available, I invite you to try again if you want to test yourself on the operating challenge of running trains up and down America's steepest standard gauge mainline grade. If you're not familiar with operations on the line, please take a few minutes to look over the .rtf document in the route upload for lots of info on the prototype. The definitive prototype website is at http://www.polkcounty.org/saludagrade/default.asp

Why does the route download require going to another site for more downloads? The 3DTrains license does not permit uploading shapes, and I thought experienced simmers would prefer the options of picking the texture set to use. Plus, the free registration at 3DTrains gives you the chance to look through the excellent and moderately priced payware offerings at the site. Marc's Southern F-units look right at home on the grade.

Kent

Default RE: Installing Saluda

"there should be no more missing file messages."

Well Kent, you are vastly underestimating human stupidity. This looks and seems to be a great route that I'd dearly love to have.

But having literally spent all afternoon downloading and installing all this stuff [EDIT: and reinstalling 2 or 3 times], I still get a boatload of RR errors and an undriveable route. And I've installed many dozens of them with no problems.

Does ANYONE have a clue what is going wrong from this latest RR printout?

Missing texture file sr_road_curb1.ace referred by sr_city_2lstr_010m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_curb1.ace referred by sr_city_2lstr_010m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_curb1.ace referred by sr_city_2lstr_050m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_curb1.ace referred by sr_city_2lstr_050m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_curb1.ace referred by sr_city_2lstr_250m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_curb1.ace referred by sr_city_2lstr_250m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_0040r22_5d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_0040r22_5d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_0040r45d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_0040r45d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_0200r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_0200r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_0250r10d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_0250r10d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_0250r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_0250r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_0500r10d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_0500r10d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_0500r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_0500r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_1000r05d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_1000r05d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_1000r10d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_1000r10d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_1000r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_1000r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_1500r05d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_1500r05d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_1500r10d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_1500r10d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_1500r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lcrv_1500r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lstr_010m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lstr_010m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lstr_050m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lstr_050m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lstr_100m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lstr_100m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lstr_250m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard.ace referred by sr_country_2lstr_250m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_0040r22_5d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_0040r22_5d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_0040r45d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_0040r45d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_0200r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_0200r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_0250r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_0250r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_0500r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_0500r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_1000r05d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_1000r05d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_1000r10d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_1000r10d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_1500r05d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_1500r05d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_1500r10d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lcrv_1500r10d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lstr_010m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lstr_010m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lstr_050m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lstr_050m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lstr_100m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lstr_100m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lstr_250m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_2lstr_250m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_4lcrv_0040r22_5d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_4lcrv_0040r22_5d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_4lcrv_1500r05d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_4lcrv_1500r05d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_4lcrv_1500r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_4lcrv_1500r20d.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_4lstr_010m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_4lstr_010m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_4lstr_050m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_4lstr_050m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_4lstr_100m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_4lstr_100m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_4lstr_250m.s was not found in your Default routes.
    Missing texture file snow\sr_road_guard1.ace referred by sr_hiway_4lstr_250m.s was not found in your Default routes.

PaulS

This worked for me Paul. I first installed the ScaleRoads into the Global(default). I then installed it using the same installer to the Saluda folder itself. Then after getting errors, I copied the entire ScaleRail Textures folder into the Saluda folder. Seemed to have cured those same messages. BACK UP your folder first. I tried the route in Saluda, and Tryon and I didn't get the errors. Good Luck and have fun when it works. This route is amazing. Thank you Kent for getting the situation resolved. Hopefully this won't discourage you from future projects. You do amazing work.

Paul, you need to look in the global folder and copy them into the correct folder in Saluda.

Thanks Kenny and Bob.

Actually I thought I had already tried that. At least I know I installed both in the main trainsim folder and Saluda just to try to solve the problem. But I'll try these specific suggestions.

I felt that the problem hasn't been with the route so much as my lack of a handle on ScaleRail and ScaleRoads. Talk of "folders" confuses me, having learned computers in the days of CP/M and DOS 2.0. I'm much clearer when someone gives instructions in terms of complete directory path names like "put these files in (X):/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Train Simulator/Routes/Saluda/Textures/Snow..."

PaulS

I'm having a different issue with the Saluda route. I can't tell you if the various graphics files (.ace and/or .s) are in place properly, because every time I try to run the route, the only option available on the opening splash screen is to run a tutorial route.

Actually, that's not true -- if I select to run one of the two included activities in Saluda, the splash screen grays out all options.

I use Train Store, so I know I'm not having a problem due to an excessive number of routes/consists/rolling stock.

I seem to recall seeing a discussion of this issue before in context with another route, but the very limited search function on this board doesn't show me any trace of such a discussion. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

Doug

"Ermmm...thanks, that worked a charm," as our friends across the pond would say. Got tracks! Got roads!

I could have sworn I'd already searched my drives to find where the missing files might have gone to and couldn't find them. I thought I might have missed a download.

You know I've been screwing around with computers and programming since 1978, and I'm still having these Homer Simpson Doh moments until someone either points out the obvious to me or I pull an all-nighter or two and finally see the bright light in front of me for myself. Oh well, I may be hopeless, but I know I'm too old for all-nighters anymore.

Anyway, thanks again. Off to explore the Saluda!

PaulS

I think this may help settle the issue of missing ace files error messages. All the ace files need to go into the Saluda route texture folder. The .s and .sd files will need to go into the global folder. The files needed will be the standard edition or modern profile, track texture packs, and your choice of tie textures. That should do it. :)

I have a diff problem as well, it says i am missung three different SR_track_ files.

[font color=blue]>I have a diff problem as well, it says i am missung three different SR_track_ files.[/font]

It would be helpful if you posted the names of those missing files.

Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains
    http://www.3dtrains.com

[link:www.3dtrains.com/products/index.shtml|http://www.3dtrains.com/images/pro_funit_atsfmain.jpg]

Pro Series v4.0 SuperPacks