Thread: Carspawner limit.

Default Carspawner limit.

Hi!

I'm from Chile in sudamerica and I'm a new user in this forum.

I don't speak in english very well so i hope you can understand me.

My question: I'm making a route for MSTS and i've a piece of 5 kilometers of road way. When I try to put one carspawner objet to shot cars and truks in my road way, I move the blue poligone, but it stop at exactly 2 kilometers. Is there a limit for the carspawn lengh?

Any solution?

Sorry for my english again.

Thanks.

Repo.

Default RE: Carspawner limit.

You've found the limit for the length - 2 km. If the road goes out of sight from the rails, say behind a tree or a hill, then you can place another carspawner, and you won't notice the drastic change of cars disappearing and new ones appearing.

James

Ricardo,

Your English is much better than "mi viejo español de cuarenta años". :)

You have indeed found the 2 kilometer limit for stretching out a carspawner on relatively straight roads.

I once tricked MSTS into accepting a 3.6 kilometer long carspawner path. The road was climbing a steep mountain side and had two sharp "hairpin" turns. The two ends of the carspawner path were inside of one tile and well within 2 kilometers of each other.

regards,
    charlie

Hi Ricardo

Just a short assumption for an explanation here:

2000m is the maximum drawing distance for any object your MSTS options settings allow for, thus a straight section of carspawner cannot not be longer than those 2000m. If it zig-zags up a mountain, it can be longer - aas long as the end point remains within a radius of 2000m from the starting point, as the crow flies.

As suggested by others: Your best solution is to hide the ends/beginnings of carspawners along that long stretch of road behind a line of bushes (there are some matching objects in the file library, actually intended as lines of bushes along a piece of track, but they'll come in handy along a piece of road as well).

Lukas a.k.a Swissie

Thanks you for your answers. I try to make this route as real as possible, but MSTS don't always let me. In reality the road goes very close to rails and between them just there are a thin space with very short grass, This means that road is in a Permanent View from the train who is running in the rails. Maybe I will put a very big tree to hide the point where one carspawner begins and where the another one dies.

Thank you very much for your help again.You make me feel really glad here, almost like inside one spanish forum.

Thanks again.

Depending on where your route is at, perhaps you could have a distraction on the other side of the track. Perhaps a lake, or a valley, an industry, something like those, to where you would look away from the road when you are at that point.

James

I asked George on his guest book to increase the carspawner limit in MSTSbin, but I think he wasn't encouraged to it by the interventions of other people that suggested workarounds indicating that the 2Km limit wasn't too bad. In fact in the actual situation such workarounds are very valuable, but there are cases where having a longer carspawner would be highly welcome.

Carlo

Hi Carlo

> but there are cases where having a longer carspawner would be highly welcome.

Morteratsch to Bernina Ospizio comes to mind... No trees at this altitude to hide the cars popping into view.

> I want to make the route as prototypical as possible (...)

You could consider placing a large vehicle parked on the side of the road, between the road and the track (e.g. a bus with a bunch of train spotters, a truck with road maintenance work crew, a truck waiting to turn and cross the tracks once the train has passed), so that it partially blocks the view of the car spawner start/ending point.

Otherwise, I'd advocate that you make use of artistic freedom, move the road slightly away from the track, and place a string of non-prototypical bushes (the ones in the file library today, July 12, almost cry to get this job - your ideal view blocker and eye candy united in the same shape file). The overall effect will be better, even if a rivet counter critisised you for placing a bush where there is non in the real world. But then again, if an extra bush is annoying him, it's him who has a problem, not you...

Lukas a.k.a Swissie