Thread: Bin 1.6

Default Bin 1.6

Hi,
    I downloaded the patch but is there a step by step in how to install it.I don't want any bug or errors to the MSTS and is the old activities will still work!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Default RE: Bin 1.6

Talk about newbie. I have been using MSTS for many years and have been seeing references to Bin 16. Where can I download it and also read on what exactly it is and does? Thanks in advance for a reply.
    Thanks,

Rochester Mike

Get it here: http://mstsbin.uktrainsim.com/eng/eng.html

To install, lots of people recommend backing up your Global and existing Train.exe - it's not required for compatibility and it will (should) swap them back if you later uninstall, but it does change some of these files, so if you customized these it would allow you to change them back.

What it does has been well covered in the main MSTS forum.

Matt has posted a good FAQ on MSTSbin over at UKTrainSim.

http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?t=59227

Somebody e-mailed me just now, asking similar questions and here is what I said:

O t t o

[font color=blue]You really need to read as much as you can about what MSTSBin 1.6.1 does, which apart from allowing more objects to be placed into WORLD tiles in the Route Editor has nothing else to do with building routes.

It has mainly fixed the Front Couplers and coupling in general, allows locos and trains to be driven from rear cabs at their other ends, in activities lets you switch driving from one loco to another in the same consist or to another loco in a loose consist after coupling onto it and fixed bogies of "Flipped" locos or engine cars turning into curves the wrong way !

If rolling stock has been designed to allow the opening of doors it will now let you do that too and Passenger views can be used for every car or wagon in a consist and a lot more, such as improving the range of external views.

Minor glitches to do with lighting , etc, are being worked on but on the whole MSTSBin 1.6.1 is giving simmers a virtual MSTS-2.

If you don't like it or are having problems with it then it can be un-installed easily to revert back to the previous version !

Most problems reported are caused by installers not reading and follwing the simplest instructions I have come across in a long time, or not checking in the MSTSBin forums ![/font]

Good summary.

You also forgot night cabs, and the latest one (not released yet) is going to have a light that you can turn on in the night cabs.

I would like to add this to installing. If you have custom GUI, splash screens, and F keys, back up your GUI folder first.

John

"BNSFLADY"
    CYNDI RICHARDS
    You will always
    be here with us.