Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F9 causes MSTS to lock up and end

Default F9 causes MSTS to lock up and end

Help.....F9 causes MSTS to lock up and end....any suggestions .......sim ends when you use F9 to umcouple

CG

Default RE: F9 causes MSTS to lock up and end

After installing MSTSBin 1.6.1 did you COPY the English *.dll files in the installed Translated DLLs \ EN folder and PASTE them into the Train Simulator folder ?

O t t o

I've tried just about everything I know....which leads me to the end of the line with MSTS. My routes that I had installed worked so well......with Bin....it promised to be better........and for Patrick Wises Cajon Pass......it was. For the other routes I have installed.......nothing works. ....... cant get past the opening screen. I am totally frustrated and wish I had never installed it.......it has ruined my interest in MSTS....for years of enjoyment and years of work......its not worth the frustration. I'm going back to HO scale models....and start a long anticipated layout. MSTS has been enjoyable until the last few days .....months of work on Conrail Indy and the Lehigh Valley...for nothing....what bin gave.......it also took away.

CG

I suspect that there is something other than Bin 1.6 causing your problems. As far as I know, you are the only one who has reported a problem with F9 and Bin 1.6. Yes MSTS can be frustrating, and Bin 1.6 doesn't make it perfect, but I think you are placing the blame in the wrong place. Take some time, go back to it. You will figure it out, or someone here can help you. You should be able to go back to MSTS 1.4. Someone here can help you do that.
    Joe Morris, OVSRails Vice President
    OVSRails Engineer #2
    OVSRails
    OVSRails Forums

thanks........the last error message stated that "trainops group" does not exist when using F9........what is that? can anyone help?

CG

You did not say whether you copied the Translated DDLs\EN folder DLL files into your Train Simulator files !!!

O t t o

sorry...but I cannot find any such files.....when I D/L Bin into MSTS

CG

chazlee1 Guest

After I installed the bin 1.6, it put a folder called "Translated DLLs" right under my Trains folder, along with a folder marked "Translation Help" right underneath it. You should also see a folder in the train simulator folder marked "MSTSBIN_BACKUP". These folders are created when you install bin 1.6.

I tried everything suggested and still have the same issue.........and I do believe its bin related......I have the following routes installed....

Cajon Pass (Hobart)
    Cajon (3d)
    Marias pass
    Whitefish4
    Conrail Indy
    Monon
    LS&I
    Niagra
    Sandpatch
    D&H
    Seligman (SLI)
    Scenic(SLI)
    HAmilton Norfolk

only Cajon PAss works correctly.....all the others routes either will not load the information screen for the individual activity or end when you use the F9 to uncouple....

CG

First step is to uninstall Bin. See what happens. You may need to use your backup ( you did make one before installing Bin, didn't you? ). If that fixes everything, then reinstall Bin ( from a fresh download of it ).
    Joe Morris, OVSRails Vice President
    OVSRails Engineer #2
    OVSRails
    OVSRails Forums