Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Patch v1.6.122319

Default New Patch v1.6.122319

After a quick look, the v1.6.122319 MSTSBin patch seems to have the same lighting bugs as v1.6.102213 including the "penalty light bug" and the "TimeOfDay" bug. The documentation claims that the "TimeOfDay" bug is fixed - but it doesn't seem to be.
    ...rich

Default RE: New Patch v1.6.122319

OTOH - the GWV does seem to be fixed (at least on the Freeware Cajon Pass) - great work!
    ...rich

I can confirm the "penalty light bug" is still present, I didn't check for the "TimeOfDay" bug yet. This may be a hard one to get rid of.

The time of day thing can be fixed by putting new values in the environment files. It's been explained somewhere here how you do that but it works if you do that.

this new patch is nice but i think it need a fix. like the shadows stop on the tracks when your in the caboose or when your head out the window.
    also that window telling you it allolate 370MB of memory ya i don't like that.
    but other then that it awsome and i like the lights on the engines that so cool.

By the way, does the 122319 indicate a release date for this patch, i.e. 1223 being December 23rd per chance. If we knew whether there is a date within the file name it would really help us determine if there is a new file that has been put up for download.

Bob

>By the way, does the 122319 indicate a release date for this
    >patch, i.e. 1223 being December 23rd per chance. If we knew
    >whether there is a date within the file name it would really
    >help us determine if there is a new file that has been put up
    >for download.

I don't know for sure, but I assume so. The immediately preceeding release that had problems and was been withdrawn was v1.6.122008 which would indicate December 20. No idea if the last 2 digits indicate an hour or something else (we have had 08, 13, 19 and 23).

Version 1.5.x was numbered sequentially.
    ...rich

The latest patch has made a huge difference in my sim performance. I'm very happy with the results so far. What I did to temporarly cure the red hue issue was to copy and paste the penalty lights section to a backup folder. I then delete this section out of the eng file and reduce the top lights number by 1. The hue will now be gone in the sim. Since I never use the emergency brakes as that's how we were taught to use them. They are only for preventing collisions or derailments. Either way your too late if you need to Big Hole your train. So I don't ever see them so I got rid of them on any engines that had them.

NW611 Guest

I havent seen no diffrence in frame rates at all. It says Im allocated 184 mb of memory but no diffrence. I max the slider out and I get the same rates as if I move the WOS down a notch and the terrain error slider down a few notches but frames never have went up.

Note that the frame rate "increase" is only for certain camera views, in-cab, headout are the ones I remember.
    Joe Morris, OVSRails Vice President
    OVSRails Engineer #2
    OVSRails
    OVSRails Forums