Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another MSTSbin 1.6 Issue I think

Default Another MSTSbin 1.6 Issue I think

When I run a Russel wedge plow coupled to the front of my H1 steam engine and I have MSTSBin 1.6 installed and I try to turn on the headlites the program freezes and most times I have to hit the reset button to reboot and get back to desktop. If I uninstall MSTSBin1.6 everything works ok. I can run the plow with the headlites on,no problem. I have read the MSTS docs on headlites and everything seems to be good. I haven't made any chenges to the original .wag file.
    Anybody with any suggestions.

Default RE: Another MSTSbin 1.6 Issue I think

I was running with MTSBin 1.6.1. I went back to MSTBin 1.6.0 and all the lights work now without crashing the game.
    Must be something in 1.6.1 that doesn't like the lites or the lites don't like 1.6.1

Default RE: Another MSTSBin 1.6 Issue I think

When George fixed the incorrectly turning bogies of "Flipped" rear engines and when driving from rear cabs, his 1.6.1 code changes found some anomalities in a number of files which did not bother previous versions of the train.exe !

You pushing the snow plow wagon with the front coupler found another combination MSTSBin 1.6.1 seems to unhappy with. ;-)

Where can I get this unit from so that I can test it and report back to George ?

O t t o

Hi Otto
    The plow I am using is in the file library Russelsp.zip and one of the engines I was using with it is a Train Artisian 4-8-2 USRA Light Mountain
    I hope this helps..

Yes it helps, Cecil !

Will test it with one of my diesels and a UK steamer of similar type !

More later ! ;-)

O t t o

P.S.: O.K. here is what I found.

First of all the snow plow would not couple because once again it's bounding box covers the coupler knuckle:

WORDPAD / NOTEPAD edit it's *.sd file like shown here:

Then I coupled this Northern Pacific onto it, US steamer rather than a UK one and started pushing it forward:

the moment I switched on the lights MSTS froze and I got Send.... ! Using my DASH-9 did exactly the same.

Repeated the exercise with a 4 freight wagons consist and switching on the lights had no problems !

Indicates that the problem is caused by this snow plow, I don't think I will bother George with, this unit being an odd-ball for some reason ! ;-)

Take care, O t t o.

Just about ready to go to bed I had a thought and checked the snow plow's *.wag file and saw some Lights ( ... parameters in it.

Removed them all and no more problems ! ;-)

O t t o

Hi Otto
    Did you remove all the lights from the .wag file? Or am I missing something,because this plow requires a headlite as well as rear red lights..

Sounds like Bin has a problem when you couple to a car containing lights, which should probably be submitted to George for evaluation.

I tested this replacing the snow plow with a SD-402 facing the same way and switching on the lights of the DASH-9 pushing it caused no problems.

So what is required is to convert this wagon into an "engine", which I did for you and then new *.eng & *.con files are in this attached *.zip

[img]https://www.trainsim.com/images/up1/112381.zip[/url]

The *.wag file had an odd ) bracket and so has the new *.eng file, but as it seems to be one at the end causes no problems !

Here we go coupled and pushing the snow plow:

[Link Expired]

and all lights are working ! :7

Have FUN, O t t o.

Hi Otto,

Nice job figuring that out. I don't think I would have thought of that. (I think you also want to change the max power of the plow of O hp (or 0 Kw), don't you? Otherwise, don't you effectively end up with a MU with the plow helping to pull the train?)

I could be wrong, though.