Thread: Mountain Shadows

Default Mountain Shadows

Sorry, couldn't figure out what else to call this. D/L the latest BIN yesterday, and now when trains enter tunnels the shadows go OVER the mountains. I know I can turn off shadows in options, just curious if anyone else has seen this?
    Glenn Duba
    Cinnaminson, NJ

Default RE: Mountain Shadows

Hi Glen !

Which view do you use when noticing that the train's shadows go over the mountains the tunnel is it ?

Tested it with the #3 view in 1.6.122319XP and they do not !

George has done something to shadows handling in some outside views to improve frame rates which could have something to do with it ?

O t t o

I use RailDriver, so I'm not sure what the equivalent keyboard commands are. On R/D I used both Ext View 1 (front) and Ext View 2 (rear), also Track View. Don't recall if I did a headout view looking back. I was running Tehachapi Pass II with Scenery Expansion. This also showed up in KHP and Rogers Pass with the same views enabled. Haven't tried Scenic Sub or Sandpatch yet.
    Glenn Duba
    Cinnaminson, NJ

I have always noticed shadows going above the tunnels. This is not new because of BIN. However, because BIN allows you to get a much higher view, you are now noticing them.

I had a hacked camcfg.dat file that would allow my #4 view to go quite a ways up in all directions. I noticed this long before BIN.

Bryce

Okay, I kind of thought that. Wasn't sure it was BIN related, but with the extended viewing it was the first time I noticed it. Thanks.
    Glenn Duba
    Cinnaminson, NJ