Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Route Editor

Default RE: Route Editor

If you have you color display set to 32 bit change it to 16 bit and that will solve the problem. For some reason the AE and RE won't run long and will gcrash if the color display is set to 32 bit. Let me know how you fair.

Claude,

Thanks for the advice, but it didn't help. It still stopped cold after 2 minutes... no send/don't send or nothing... it just STOPPED!!!! Completely unresponsive to everything except Ctrl+Alt+Del.

I've NEVER had this happen before, and I've been using RE for about 4 years now. Is it something to do with MSTSBin? I uninstalled that, and reinstalled the MSTS V1.2 patch straight from MSTS.

I haven't had any problems with the AE or RE after installing the BIN. I'm not sure what could be causing your problems.

Hello Bruce,
    What MSTSbin version are you using? When you installed MSTSbin, did you choose the transparent option? I have the current MSTSbin, installed with the transparent option which allows more items in the placement window. Did you install the MSTSbin XP version?

Take care,
    Rich S.

Yes, I sure did.

I finally ended up just going back and re-installing MSTS out of the box (after backing up all my add-on routes and rolling stock, of course!).

A shame, because I was really looking forward to all of the improvements...

Hi Bruce !

Re-installing MSTS from CDs is the last option you should consider and when given specific advice report back if it did not work.

There is nothing wrong with any of the MSTSBin patches, but if you don't read all of the instructions errors will appear.

O t t o

[Link Expired]

Otto,

I don't appreciate being talked to like an idiot... I don't think anyone else does either.

For the record, I AM using MSTSBin 122319 XP. I'm sorry that I didn't make myself clear enough on that. I thought everyone understood that as that's the current version.

So, back to the real question... why does RE stop dead after just a couple of minutes? It either stops altogether, or suddenly disappears(no error message of any kind).

[font color=blue]I don't appreciate being talked to like an idiot... [/font]

Sorry, if that is how you read my advice and comments ! But anybody re-installing MSTS at the drop of the hat makes me wonder and until I get answers to diagnostic questions can only make assumptions.

Anyway, as far as you are concerned I shall refrain from doing so in future !

O t t o

Has anyone else heard of a problem of this sort?

I'm using MSTSBin 122319 XP, by the way.

Well, I have downloaded the same version, but haven't installed it and after reading some of these questionable things, I think I will stay with my tried and true, if somewhat yucky, out of the box version.
    I may install Bin on my non-production MSTS and see if it improves it or not, but hanging up the RE is a serious matter.

Jerry Sullivan
    a.k.a landnrailroader