Thread: Latest version -- 1.7.0130 Patch

Default Latest version -- 1.7.0130 Patch

I have no problems to download or unzip the latest version of MSTS Bin but have a question about one file which is included in the zip file. It's SigLight.ace and would like to know if I have to copy and paste this file over to any route/TEXTURES Folder?? I want to make sure which route should I copy and paste over the original file in TEXTURES Folder of any routes in my program of Train Simulator. I will wait to unistall and install the latest patch till got more information about SigLight.ace file.

Thank you,

John

Default RE: Latest version -- 1.7.0130 Patch

Hello John,
    You really don't have to copy the SigLight.ace file to any route, it's optional. I believe it will just allow you to view your signals from a greater distance.

Take care,
    Rich S.

Okay, I had to do some research to figure this out.

It looks to me, like MSTS Bin George has found some files that he likes and decided to include them. (He used to include a locomotive and cabview files for testing of door animations, etc. in previous patches.)

When you install the bin patch, it installs in the Routes folder, a subfolder called MyRoute\Textures, containing SigLight.ace. Here it doesn't do anything, but if you copy it to your other routes/textures folders, it will change how your route's signals appear when viewed from the cab or external views.

It is the same concept as sigview.zip available from http://www.mapleleaftracks.com/free.html (and I wouldn't be surprised if there were other versions in the FL as well).

I haven't tested it, but the MLT files work very well, and just by looking at the siglight.ace file in TGATool2A, it looks like I might like George's version better.

One thing I don't like with the last two or three BIN patches, is that it includes and changes the liteglow.ace file, which affects how headlights and ditchlights appear on your locomotive. The replacement is better than the default, but I much prefer the one I got from liteglow.zip in the FL.

(Not a big deal to backup your original and replace it, as long as you know it is being changed).

I did not know till I startup the program of Train Simulator with MSTS Bin ver. 1.70130 patch and surprised to see that this patch do not have the memory allocation not like the other ver. 1.6.1223 patch. I am not sure if the latest patch do have the memory allocation or not. If not then I have to go back to ver. 1.6.1223 to have the memory allocation for use to run the program of Microsoft Train Simulator. Let me know if the latest version do have or not.

Thank you again,

John

There wouldn't be a highmem and a lowmem version of the installer if the memory allocation was removed.

I can't say definitely, but 99.97 percent sure only the annoying startup memory allocation window was removed.

Hey Marshall -- I remember now that I have installed a highmem version of the installer so that must be this end for my computuer to run the program of Microsoft Train Simulaor in Windows XP.

Thanks again

John