Thread: New Discovery?

Default New Discovery?

I don't know if this is a new feature added to MSTSbin or if I've just discovered something old that seems new since installing MSTSbin? :) What I've discovered, when in the headout view you can click and hold the right mouse button and drag the mouse to view just about any angle, within the 180 degree viewing range on the engineers side of the locomotive. This also includes looking up and down. Is this new to MSTSbin or just new to me?

Take care,
    Rich S.

Default RE: New Discovery?

Sorry been doing that in MSTS for years. That's how RW hoggers start their trains, by looking down at the ground out the side window. I still use this technique in the sim too.

Thanks Bill, didn't know if I stumbled across something new. I knew RW engineers looked at the ground to see if they were moving, even more so at night. I guess it's just one of those things, I've been using the arrow keys for the headout view since MSTS first came out and never thought of trying anything else :) After taking a look at the camera.cfg file I'm guessing that all camera views that have the CamControlRotate variable can use the mouse to look around.

Take care,
    Rich S.

Yes, I believe your correct on that mouse ability on the full rotate deal. I did up a conductor's view using the coupler view where you are hanging on the grabirons of the last car. You can swing your head about the same as if you were really hanging on that car. Again the mouse and right button are used in that view as well.