Thread: CouplingHasRigidConnection ( 0 )

Default CouplingHasRigidConnection ( 0 )

What does this parameter do ?

Testing it with my latest single section coupler parameters it seems to have the same effect as the CouplingHasRigidConnection ( 1 ) !

O t t o

Default RE: CouplingHasRigidConnection ( 0 )

Hi Otto:

Also try: CouplingHasRigidConnection ()
    and it will seem to have the same effect.

It appears that MSTS only looks to see if the line is present and does not read or disregards the value. Putting a 1 in there is for peace of mind?

John

"BNSFLADY"
    CYNDI RICHARDS
    You will always
    be here with us.

Otto,

I found no difference between:

CouplingHasRigidConnection ( 0 )

CouplingHasRigidConnection ( 1 )

or

CouplingHasRigidConnection ( )

All worked the same, thus my recommendation of either commenting it out or removing it from the appropriate coupler section ( different section for locos and wagons ). I had hoped that ( 0 ) would turn it "off", but all seem to be the same.
    Joe Morris, OVSRails Vice President
    OVSRails Engineer #2
    OVSRails
    OVSRails Forums

In your original single couplers post in the Universal couplers thread, I thought you said you set it to (0) and had realistic slack action but the velocity would not settle to 0.00000 (stopping at 0.00224 IMS), but then you set it to (1) and had no slack action, but could stop at 0.00000.

So have can it have the same effect?

UPDATE: I could be wrong!!!

Hi

I've also found just having the parameter defined seems to do the trick; it doesn't seem to matter if I use (), (0) or (1) as the value.

GaryG

[font color=blue]In your original single couplers post in the Universal couplers thread, I thought you said you set it to (0) and had realistic slack action but the velocity would not settle to 0.00000 (stopping at 0.00224 IMS), but then you set it to (1) and had no slack action, but could stop at 0.00000.[/font]

Realised after posting this that somehow the Route Riter had not updated the *.wag files with my latest changes, me not paying attention, which left Bill's slack couplers untouched I tested the day before. That's why I suspended the post to check again and reposted my findings !

The only way to get slack action is to remove the CouplingHasRigidConnection line altogether or Comment ( .... ) it out.

I have now created 2 MINI routes, one with a TRAINSET folder containing rolling stock which needs automatic "Rigid" couplers, such as steam locos, their tenders and multi units engine and passenger cars trainsets like ICEs, TGVs, etc and in the other one a TRAINSET folder with all rolling stock which uses slack action cushioned knuckle couplers.

This will make it easy to Route Riter globally update them with whatever universal single coupling parameters I shall decide to use ! ;-)

O t t o

>Realised after posting this that somehow the Route Riter had
    >not updated the *.wag files with my latest changes, me
    >not paying attention, which left Bill's slack couplers
    >untouched I tested the day before.

Actually, I did something similar at first - Told R-R to manually update all the engines and wagons, but never clicked "Select All" and then wondered why it went so fast and none of my files had new dates!!!

>This will make it easy to Route Riter globally update them
    >with whatever universal single coupling parameters I shall
    >decide to use ! ;-)

I'll likely test with your current values.

Keep us posted on your progress.

So far no hitches, Marshall !

Various coupling exercises with international rolling stock have produced no problems ! ;-)

Will be interesting to see what results you get with different routes and different rolling stock !

O t t o

P.S.: Here are my new two coupler versions for the Route Riter, if you would like to try them ! But remember, my Default.wag is essential ! Modify it's 10ms timestep settings according to your requirements, if necessary !

[Link Expired]