Thread: MSTSbin - Problem Installing

Default MSTSbin - Problem Installing

Hi, I have recently attempted to install the latest version of MSTSbin on my computer only to find out that halfway through the installation this message popped up.

"The file c:\Program files\Microsoft games\Train Simulator\Train.exe is not a vaild previous version and could not be upgraded"

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Anyone know a fix for it at all?

When I have tried the cab switching feature, I haven't been able to get it to work succesfully, I have partially installed MSTSbin and read the Manual and still I am confused at how to get this working. I am not much of a computer expert so I do apologise if it is an Amateur mistake.

Thank-you in advance
    Calum McIntosh

Default RE: MSTSBin - Problem Installing

Hi Calum !

There is no "Partial" install of a MSTSBin patch, it's either all or nothing and without the patched Train.exe you will not benefit from most of what it does !

[font color=blue]C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\Train.exe is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded"[/font]

You get this message because your Train Simulator\Train.exe is not the December 2001 version.

Download and install this Update: http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/tr...aspx#downloads

O t t o